New Experience after 9 years in China- Visa Problem

Dear All
Today is my 9th year anniversary to live in China. It has been always a great pleasure to have extra-ordinary experiences in here. I am greatful for it as always.
On the other hand, i am not quite sure, this is the first time i have had experienced the difficulty of extending my working residence in Shenzhen.
I have been working medical device sector as sales manager; with good public records, no criminal background, good tax history and no visa expiry (I always obey the rule and law of a country).
After 9 years, the first time i have had an experience after we submit my documents to extend my working residence in Shenzhen. The first time my passport hold for interrogation and inspection. Police officers are welcomed to visit our company, then i attend an interview and i was informed that police officers will come again to visit our company.
Our company is well-known Chinese company and all documents are accepted by visa department.
As it is first time, i would like to know whether anybody faces the same problem ?
FYI: All document and procedure done according to new regulation with no problem.

Please kindly share your experiences either it is related to you or your friends.Thanks.

The topic is a bit misleading.
its a new process and police officers will conduct phone interviews, typically with HR and ask questions such as : is employee XY working at your company ABC? What's the main business of company ABC and so.. Any discrepancy will rise eyebrow and may lead to second round spot inspection and maybe license review/revoke , visa denial, fine and so on.
Till now you are not facing a problem but have to deal with a new procedure!

Dear Shanghai Driver
Thank you for your comment.
It seems that there are different ways happenning in different part of China although New System for Working Permit and Residence is established nationwide.
My Company HR department prepared everthing and they do follow up in a professinal way.
At first they came to our company to check whether i do work in this company or not, asking some questions about work and company. After a week of visiting our company, i received a phone call for an interview. The same questions asked and took 5 minutes. After the interview, they inform me to check our company again; in which we definitely welcome them. Meanwhile, our company is also required questions whether there is a problem with documentation or not. They kindly reply it is not; it is just a new procedure according to the regulations.
It is the first time i have been facing in 9th year; and it also brings inconvenience but we have to obey the regulations. But it is taking more than a month now; that is another story. Personally, i belive it is a new systems; and takes time to make it efficent and effective. But it seems it is getting harder and time consuming to follow up.
If you have any friends to have similar experiences; it will be kind of you to share. I will definitely update next steps; as there is no clear regulation for expats ; but based on experiences.
Best Regards