Multiple entry tourist visa

Hello I am a South African who will be living in Nairobi but will be traveling to Addis often to visit a friend. I would like to get a multiple entry visa instead of paying for a visa every time I enter the country. Does anyone have information on how I can do this and if it's still possible? Thank you

Check out this website   www.evisa.gov.et   South Africans can apply for a visa through this site rather than get one at Bolle airport on arrival.

Multiple entry visas are available if stay is over 3 months.

I attempted that Evisa site but it only gives me single entry 30&90 days options. There are no multiple entry options :(

Okay. That would be because you are only staying for a short time.
Perhaps contact an Ethiopian Embassy for advice. You may be able to get a single entry visa done through the Embassy or Consulate before you head to Addis Abba.

I would be happy to get a 6 month (or longer) multiple entry visa - but there is no such option on the evisa site unfortunately :( I'll get in touch with the embassy - that's a god idea thank you.

If you get a 6 month re entry visa you have to be able to prove you are going to be re entering the country again within 6 months eg. have another flight booked out and into the country within 6 months
Makes no sense I know!!