Moving to Abu Dhabi

Hey guys :)

I'm living in Egypt at the moment, but am looking to move out of the country. I've been considering a lot of options, and Abu Dhabi is among them.

So here's my question, advice on where to look for jobs. What kind of jobs are available in Abu Dhabi at the moment, and is it difficult to find work there? Any job boards that you would recommend?

How is life for women in Abu Dhabi, I know there are a great many expats that live in the city, do women experience much harassment?

Any help would be much appreciated :) Cheers!

Depends what line of work you're in...

I work as a journalist in Egypt. So work along those lines :)

The board you could try include:

- Gulf News
- Bayt
- Gulf Talent

As for the ease of finding a job.. i guess being woman it might be easier for you to find a journalist job... but to be honest I am clueless how one can make a career as a journalist.. you might also get a chance to secure a job in corporate communication or with a PR company. I think the latter is pretty lucrative business in here... but the ongoing crises does not help much.

As for how women are bing treated.. I dont know.. but i am under impression that it is very secure... but some men do tend to dangle .. but not in a harassing way i think.. bascially if you make clear you are not interested they will leave you alone. IN general it is a very safe country and women enjoy almost the same privilages as men...