What to expect when moving to Maldives

Hello everyone,

Is there anything you wish you had known before moving to Maldives? For example, transportation, internet speeds, types of housing, aspects of the culture or social life.

In your opinion, what's the most important thing to know about Maldives?

When would you recommend someone should begin planning their move to Maldives?

What were the most helpful ways you found to get organised? For example, did you use a checklist, were there any particularly useful websites or apps?

What advice would you give to future expats preparing to move to Maldives?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi,

Kakarating ko Lang dun dito sa Maldives last Wednesday. So far so good. Ok nmn accomodation... I'm particularly in male.
Sobrang haba ng pila sa immigration para sa mga working visa. Kung tourist ka, priority ka at bilis lng. Takes me 2.5 hours bago nakalusot. Thanks God nakarating din sa hotel ng around 11:30 pm. Landed at the airport by 8:10 pm.
Very narrow mga streets dito at ang dami ng motorsiklo. People are nice.
Mostly ng mga foods are Indian & Chinese.
This is just my 3rd day so marami pa akong aalamin.  Fortunately, pinay ang isa sa mga hotel staff.
So God bless sa pagpunta mo dito.

Regards
Eugene

@ Eugene : Thank you for your contribution, however it would be best if you can communicate in english only on this english speaking forum, it will help everyone to understand.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Priscilla
Priscilla - Expat.com Team

Hello oll,

Hello Priscilla,

What did you wish you had known before making the move to Maldives?

- First before i do move on or go to another place that i will be is i do extensive research
  of the place, mean you check the Country Laws, Immigration, Customs, and Security.

- Second  Cost of Living, places to stay, foods availability and so on...

What do you think is the most important thing expats should know about Maldives that they don't already?

- Do they own homework....

What ways were most efficient in helping you get organised in preparation for your move?

- Make a list of what you require before you move...

Regards,

Oll