Considering a job in qatar, advice please - coding in qatar.

Hi,
There is a lot of bad press on the internet about expats working in qatar? I am confused because I was under the impression that you would be a valued worker? I am a Health Information Manager considering taking a position as a clinical coder in a hospital in Doha. I am not married hoping this won't be a problem. I am not into night life but don't want to be a prisoner. Accommodation will be included as is annual flights home and medical cover. I have read a lot of horror stories but wonder if anyone out there has actually done/doing the job I am considering and knows if it is going to be ok or not?
Thanks
Carolyn

HI cthemedusa
Qatar is nice place and Qatari people are very nice friendly. They usually value expat worker most of the times specially if they are US citizen. There is no night life in Doha but there is other activities you may enjoy and if you respect their culture; then you will definitely enjoy your life here. people come from all over the world to work and make good living. Almost every thing we used to see and hear on TV about Middle east is inaccurate. I'm from San Francisco and have been enjoying my time since I came here, and even planning to move my family here.

wish you good luck Carolyn

Hi Hasan,
Thanks for your advice, what job do you do over there?
Carolyn

Finance sector, .... u going to like it here ... there is no uncle sam  no fed tax, state tax, city tax, med tax, edu tax ss tax or even sales tax what a great country

HI,
I have been in the M/East for 5 years now and would not reccomend anybody come to work in Qatar.

You will be a slave (from a Western perspective) , as a woman you will be treated like dirt.

Saying that, if you can find a job where the majoroty of workers are expats, all good and well. BUT DONT WORK FOR AN ARAB!!

All govt depts are the same, QP, worst place to work for on the planet. Other than that its a good life, no crime. If you are a US citizen you will still have to decalre earnings etc...

You must make sure you get paid enough as well.

Hi I work in Doha, Qatar in healthcare, and I like Doha. The city is clean and beautiful, and the corniche is wonderful for walking. I would say driving in Qatar is definitely a make or break challenge, but if I can do it, so can you. I find the Qatari people educated, pleasant and definitely polite. They are usually so willing to help anyone. Nightlife is what you make of it. My husband and I shop, walk, visit friends and attend events. BTW, I am a woman but I do not share Bacon's perspective. The cost of living can be expensive, especially if you plan to find your own place...but there are vacancies available.

Qatar is nice place and Qatari people are very nice friendly. I want to work with qatari people. please help me for job.

thanks

Hi shankara,

Please can you give us more more details about yourself and some the type of jobs you are looking for. :)

Regards,

David.

Hi.

I am certified professional coder from american academy of professional coder. i have 6 years expereince in medical coding.

I am using, ICD-10am, ICD-10, ICD-9cm, CPT and procedure codes. Good knowledge in anatomy and physiology.

email: [email protected]

Please help me for abstract coder in qatar.
I seeking job for abstract coder.

Thanks
shankara

Hi shankara,

Can you please post your resume in the Jobs in Qatar section as it might help :)

Best of luck

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I am MD MUNWAR AHMED. I am a CPC certified medical coder with 3.2 years of experience. i am searching job in Qatar. is there any vacancy please refer or let me no..

Hi

Its just been 6 months since i moved to Qatar. I'm over with my Medical coding course with AAPC. I did CPC. I have been looking for jobs but not yet found one..The reason i took this course was because i heard over the radio that this course gives us a better chance to getting in hospitals. I did my Bachelors in Biotechnology and MBA in Healthcare Services.I had experience working in hospitals as public relations executive, also experience with patient information management,
I;m disappointed ..do update for vacancies

thanks

Dear All,
I am looking for a job as a senior pharmacist in Qatar, and also waiting with patience for that a chance, I'm from Alexandria and have 5 yrs experience in large pharmacies and hospitals PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE :(:(

Dr. Zeitoun
ahmed_ztoun(at)yahoo.com

Try Jobs Section

Dr. Ahmed Zeitoun wrote:

Dear All,
I am looking for a job as a senior pharmacist in Qatar, and also waiting with patience for that a chance, I'm from Alexandria and have 5 yrs experience in large pharmacies and hospitals PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE :(:(

Dr. Zeitoun
ahmed_ztoun(at)yahoo.com

No jobs for pharmacists Sir. Thanks for reply

Post your CV in the Jobs Section  :)

Hi shankara,
       I am Harshitha need some information about job offers in qatar, i am CPC-A certified icd 10cm, is there any possibility of getting job for freshers, i have resident visa, please help me out. **

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Do not share contact infos on forum please + drop advert in JOBS section

Please note that Hamad medica Coporationl is recruiting a big number this time because ofa new hospital coming up soon. I did see openings for pharmacist.

You can  apply on
[url=https://jobs.hamad.qa/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=14296&resp_id=23350&resp_appl_id=800&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=hi7Ovb7dA3TZLpB23A149-KclJ1B88jYMoDGDXdE5g-GRaL8k5x7kcJ9fxNmMsLl]

Thank you kashifaziz, but i heard that they dont encourage any freshers, any field they need experienced candidates, is it true.

Harshita,

You are right but they did recruit freshers and those were all Qataris only. So, Freshers in govt sector is Qataris only. However that's not the case with Private sector, it all depends on the remuneration they are offering and the urgency they have.  are you already in Qatar? if yes, then try to connect to people who are already in these jobs, that's one way you can create a channel which will provide you information about company which is hiring a pharmacist. waasta matters here! at least to get your interview schedule.