Obtaining my pension

Hi
I have been paying into the private Colombian pension system for 2 years now (and my employer has made a similar contribution). It will be just over 10 million pesos at the end of the year when I am planning to move to Chile for, let's say, more advanced pastures.
Does anybody have any experience and tips on the process to get hold of your pension before leaving the country? I know that it is definitely possible as an Australian friend and American friend has done it in the past, but they haven't really been able to give me good details on the process.

Thanks!

Hi,

Oeps, you worked 2 years in Colombia and you are allready worrying about your pension? :-)

My wife is Colombian, she worked around 28 years and still we are asking around how to get the money!

The contributions for you pension are registered @ Colpensiones

https://colpensiones.gov.co/Default.aspx

The problem is that this organisation looks more like a simple database because when you call them for information there is nobody around who can give a decent answer on the questions.All information in on the internet they say, so what are these people doing there? How did they get there?  Most of the time the suggestion is to take a lawyer. That lawyer will tell you that you have to complete the contribution for the missing years :-) If not you receive some peanuts and even that can take some years before you get it.

Don't forget to pay the lawyer!