Start business in Vietnam

I'm living in Vietnam since 3 years working for Japanese company , I love to stay here for along so ,after my contract finish next year planning to start small business.

I'm curious to know what are the best ideas to start a business and is it essential to have Vietnamese partner for easing the conflicts of language and governmental rules?

Hello Khalilgasser,

Thank you for your love to my Vietnam.

As a policy to attract the foreign investor to invest in Vietnam, you are welcome and encouraged to do business in Vietnam. However, it is noted that there still is a difference between the local investor and foreign investor. Namely, there are some business activities which are not opened to the foreign investor.  Therefore, to further advise, you should detail which business you intend to do in Vietnam.

As our practical experience and in reality, it is easier if you cooperate with a Vietnamese partner to do business. If you intended business is opened to the foreign investor, to save time and cost, it is recommeded that your Vietnamese partner will firstly set up a 100% domestically invested company and thereafter you acquire the capital of such local company from your local partner or you further subscribe/fund capital of the local company to become its new member.

I hope this helps. Should you have anything to discuss, please share.

I think you should set up a  consultancy ripping off  clueless *** who want to invest in VN. U'll make a million.

Wonderful, selfless, trustworthy VN partner essential haha

Hi Khalilgasser, as a lawyer here, perhaps I may give you some notes.

HI to everyone
I plan to open a consultancy business here in Vietnam.I will  not open an office.Also, my business will not require capital.
What minimum  capital I will require to qualify under Vietnamese law and what will be the total costs to open such a consultancy?

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

which business you are going to start?

khalilgasser wrote:

I'm living in Vietnam since 3 years working for Japanese company , I love to stay here for along so ,after my contract finish next year planning to start small business.

I'm curious to know what are the best ideas to start a business and is it essential to have Vietnamese partner for easing the conflicts of language and governmental rules?

Ok.....
So you want to start a small business.

Yogi would suggest you start a Big business,,,,  and wait.

Appears to be the trend among stand alone Expat operators.

Yogi007 wrote:
khalilgasser wrote:

Ok.....
So you want to start a small business.

Yogi would suggest you start a Big business,,,,  and wait.

Appears to be the trend among stand alone Expat operators.

This thread started a year ago. I highly doubt the OP still living the dream.

I've lived in Vietnam three years now, so can anyone help me find where I can get gasoline for my motorbike?

Hi there,
I just wanted to check, I would like to register a small company (basically just me, a foreigner doing some IT consulting work for clients... but I prefer to work as a company rather than a sole-trader/contractor). Now, I would like to know how much a lawyer would charge for the process? Please email be if you think you can help: ***
Thanks

Beed

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Beed,

The fees for setting a company is usually about 1,500 - 5,000 USD depending on your scopes of business (conditional or unconditional). For a small-size IT consultancy company like yours, 1,500 - 2,500 usd is suitable, because it is usually an unconditional scope, and some agencies could include the initial tax declaration service for you (as it is compulsory and complicated). Besides, head office is also important, you are required leasing contract when opening the company, which you can choose an office, a house or a co-working office (depending) to register. The whole procedure until the company is completed is about 45 - 60 working days.

Hope this would help you.

R U still interested in a company, I want to make one now,
thanks