Moving to Mexico, what to show at point of entry

Hi, got the Visas in our passports for Permanent residency (my wife and I).  We are leaving Thursday, August 25th.
My questions.

When arriving by plane in Mexico city, what do I show INM officer  (my passport at the page with the mexican consulate visa and the tourist card with the CANJE box with an X)?
Anything else?

For Aduana process, we only have 2 suitcases each with personal stuff and souvenirs.
What should we expect as questions on their part?
Heard that the RED/GREEN light button is remove in Mexico city airport, true or false?

Muchas gracias a todos, GyC.

mexicogc wrote:

Hi, got the Visas in our passports for Permanent residency (my wife and I).  We are leaving Thursday, August 25th.
My questions.

When arriving by plane in Mexico city, what do I show INM officer  (my passport at the page with the mexican consulate visa and the tourist card with the CANJE box with an X)?
Anything else?

For Aduana process, we only have 2 suitcases each with personal stuff and souvenirs.
What should we expect as questions on their part?
Heard that the RED/GREEN light button is remove in Mexico city airport, true or false?

Muchas gracias a todos, GyC.

Hi Mexicogc welcome

It should be quite exciting.  Yes your CANJE marked visa is the primary thing. In Cancun I did exactly what you describe, and verbally pointed out to the agent that it was not the usual passport. Be sure the visa is clearly , boldly marked. I went through the lines with the regular tourists so it was very important to stop the flow and make sure they knew I was not a tourist. In Cancun they had long lines with hundreds of tourists. Mexico city could be worse, lots of people and lots of potential for confusion. Just stand your ground and make sure they know you are not a tourist.

I just quickly moved through the ADUANA part. Did I have anything to declare ? no not really and my luggage moved on with me. Remember not all ADUANAS are the same. In my experience , they all have their little personal way of doing things. which does impact how things are done significantly some times. Rarely have I had them check my luggage, they just scanned it.

Perhaps someone else would know about that particular air port.  One of the members in SMA ?

Thanks a million "travellight", we are travelling via Aeromexico so we should be the odd outsiders, we took good advice to keep our ground and speaking good spanish should help.

Muchas gracias otra vez para su ayuda. GyC.