Converting from Spousal visa to EP

I am am Indian National who is married to a Malaysian citizen.I have currently applied for my spousal visa and as per the rules, Once my spousal visa is approved,I am not allowed to work on it for first six months.In the meantime during the first six months of my spousal visa ,if I get a job and employer is ready is to provide Employment pass can I change my visa status from spousal visa to EP?and If it is possible to change can I do it from within the country(since I am on a spousal visa/Long term social visit visa) ? Any help on this questions will be very much appreciated. Thanks all

The initial comment that springs to mind is why would you want to exchange a LTSVP for an EP?  The LTSVP will eventually lead to a PR. Whilst on a LTSVP you would also be eligible for the government health services which are extreemly low cost. In fact, it is in theory easier to employ a person on a LTSVP because it only requires endorsement and the rules are not so strict as for an EP.  On the other hand, an EP would give you independence and if you earn a high enough salary (RM15k), you may be able to obtain a 10 year talent visa (i.e. not linked to any employer) after 3 years employment and satisfying some other criteria  e.g. income tax returns completed. https://rpt.talentcorp.com.my/about-the … ass-talent So a lot depends on which professional area you work in, whether you are more likely to get a job with an EP or on the LTSVP.  Of course, if the marriage does not last or death intervenes, then there are some problems. But in essence, If a company has sufficient paid up capital to hire a foreigner (i.e. can process an EP) then that would be OK. However, many companies don't have sufficient paid up capital, but they can employ a LTSVP holder (who are "not so foreign :-) ).  I would suggest that you join the FB Group "Foreign Spouses Support Group" https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/, as actual experiences and the ever-changing rules are discussed there.

Hi Gravitas,Many Thanks for the quick and prompt reply.The only reason,I want convert my LTSVP to EP is because the LTSVP does not allow me to work for first 6 months and that is a too long time for not being able to work (I am currently out of job and looking for one).I am from IT background with 7.5 years of work Exp and if I get an employee who is ready to provide an EP can this be done from Malaysia itself or do I need to go back to my home country and get the stage1 of EP done?Many thanks in advance for the reply

Suggest you ask the FB Group mentioned above the question. I would guess that as you are on a LTSVP (i.e. not on a tourist visa) you would not have to exit during Stage I. But that is just using logic.... :-)

Hi Gravitas,Thanks a lot for the information :)