Health insurance for Spouse visa In Belgium

Dear Expats,

It is said that for spouse visa we need to apply for a health insurance covering at least a period of three months for the visa, Is it required that this insurance has to be foreseen in Belgium? Can I submit a normal health insurance having all the required coverage but without a foreseeing document for the visa? Has anyone encountered such a situation before?
Please help.

Hi,
   I am not sure if this answers your question, but my spouse applied for family reunification visa successfully with a letter from my health insurance in Belgium stating that they will cover her also when she joins me.

Above is the right approach. Get a letter either from the employer (of your spouse) or from the insurance provider that they will add you to the subscription once you arrive in Belgium.

Hi! I am also preparing the documents for our family reunion visa. I just have a question regarding the proof of health insurance. My husband recently get a Verklaring van lidmaatschap (Certificate of Insurability) from his insurance provider. Basically it states that he has an insurance from this date and so on.

My question is, is it different from the letter that you have mentioned above? Or is this certificate enough as proof of insurance once I applied for visa?

Thank you!

Hi Aneesh,

I am the applicant for a Visa D- Reunion with a Belgian Spouse. Regarding the insurance cover required for me, my wife has spoken to her insurance (mutalite) and they have provided the below letter:

https://ibb.co/MZwM1DD

Please let me know if this is sufficient or would I need to buy additional travel insurance cover?

Thank you in advance for your answer.