Need housewares

This may sound funny, but where do I find a toilet seat in Sosua? Ours broke and I need to replace it.  :D Where does one find housewares and such for your home? Is there a such store, like for example, a "Home Depot" or someplace to get things like that?

Thanks bunches  :)

Toilet seats - ferreteria.

Housewares - road trip to la sirena and the 10 peso store in puerto plata.  La sirena is on the Malecon, 10 peso store on 27 de febrero.

Great. Thank you so much  :top:

Just thought of this. Do you have to buy a membership?

Only Price mart in Santiago is a membership place.
Toilet seat....Popeterria (hardware store) on the main road just east of Car Wash place.  Also at Lunares in Cabarete across from the Ocean dream complex on the west side of town.

You can also find lots of housewares at both but especially at Lunares as they have a whole separate store there. 

Bob K

We are in Sosua and do not have a car.  And if they are not costly,  a taxi ride does not seem reasonable.  Can I get one locally? And what do they cost?  Thank you bunches.

Like I said Papaterria (sp) hardware store next to the car wash on the main Highway in Sosua. has them.
Taxis are cheap especially if you haggle on the price.  Then you will find a driver you can call whenever you need to.
Where in Sosua are you living?

Bob K

Good morning !!
My question is about renting a car. What are all the insurances I will need to make sure we are well protected?  Including the hotel coverage,  God protect us!!  Thanks. Love this site, thank you.

Take the full insurance package on your car rental including casa de conductore which puts you in a hotel in Santiago instead of jail if in an accident till it can be worked out.
I have never heard of "hotel" insurance

Bob K