Inviting the Wife for a brief visit without Iqama

I would like to invite my wife to visit me from overseas. I only currently have a visitors visa and using that in my employment here before my Iqama comes out after a few months.
Is it allowable to invite someone using one's visitor visa? (I cant travel out either because I only have a single entry visa)
Appreciate any direction I could get on this!

New topic