Any expats in the Aguadilla area?

Are there any expats in the Aguadilla area that want to get together to socialize ?

Members go to sleep sometimes in the forum and don't show up for a month, if you are a Facebook user, try "Expats In Puerto Rico" group and answer the 3 questions, those guys are active most of the time so more likely you can get some people to join you. I run both.
Rey

Expats from which countries? Remember,   Americans are not expats here...misuse of the term is very frustrated...an expat in Puerto Rico is someone from France. If you're from south Carolina,  you're an America in another American location.  It might sound silly, but words matter!!!

Not to me. All members are considered expats. I though you gave up on correcting everyone. How is that statement of use to our members?

Belizacapitan wrote:

Are there any expats in the Aguadilla area that want to get together to socialize ?

Currently in CT.  We will return this fall, then we can get in touch.  We are in the town of Hatillo.  Happy to meet other gringos.   :cool:

Of course "WE'RE MOVING WHERE" is technically correct, but I feel like I am in another country when I am in PR which is part of the attraction for me, my "I AM WHERE?"
And PR's sure do believe it is another country despite knowing the legality. And without the legality--IT IS. So a distinction without a difference, tomayto tomahto.

Do Brits feel they are expats when they move to the Bahamas? Or their thirteen other overseas possessions like the Faulklands, Cyprus, Grenada? A q better answered by any Brits on board.

35th wrote:

but I feel like I am in another country when I am in PR which is part of the attraction for me

You being Irish would qualify as Expat.  :D  I'm not sure about myself though. I still am a Dutch citizen so that would make me a genuine expat. Then again I became US citizen a couple of years ago so maybe not.
All the above, of course only according to the rules of WMW (we're moving where) who has been telling everybody who wants to listen that we (as in Americans) are no expats here on the island.
My take is that when you leave your country of birth and go live in another place (country, territory, whatever) you're an expat.

Not that any of this is important, of course....

Belizacapitan wrote:

Have you joined our facebook group "Expats In Puerto Rico"? It was made to have people interact and do get togethers.

I just moved to Aguadilla and looking for other expats to meet. I'm from Las Vegas originally.

Hello, Missy; My wife and I live in Isabela, (next town over). What are your interests? My wife is from NJ and I'm from NH. We are both 50-ish.

Hi!
Originally I'm from Ohio. Then lived in Las Vegas for a while. I love the ocean and just exploring and enjoying nature. I'm here with my children and I have family living in Utuado. It would be nice to meet some new people.
What are your and your wife's interests?