Bought a scooter -- need to know documents and requirements


So, I ended up buying a scooter from Chacomer.  It came with the chapa (license plate), Cedula Verde (which I have issued to me in my name) and an emissions doc which says it is good for 90 days.

I read somewhere about a - Escritura pública which is also required.  However, I don't have that.  I have the Cedula Verde though.  So, my question is:  is a - Escritura pública required and if so, how do I go about getting one issued to me in my name? 

Also, is motorcycle insurance required to drive in Paraguay? I have heard some say it is and some say it is not.  I also read somewhere that we have to have obligatory SOAT insurance.  Anyone know whether or not you have to have insurance?  Anyone have any recommendations for insurance?


New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Paraguay

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Paraguay

Moving to Paraguay

Find tips from professionals about moving to Paraguay

Travel insurance in Paraguay

Enjoy stress-free travel to Paraguay