Close

Profession changing in iqama

Hi. This is Thouseef from India. Currently am working in Riyadh. Currently my profession in iqama is foundation digger and I need to change it to engineer I heared that the process of changing profession in iqama has been cancelled. Please advise is that true or not.

You need to make membership on Saudi Engg Council website and upload the following Documents there.

1) Letter of Introduction from your company on which profession you are working (example: Software Engineer ). It should be stamped from Chamber of Commerce office. (In Arabic Ghufa Tijariya).
2) All Engineering Certificates Stamped from Saudi Embassy in your Country (Ethopia).
3) Present Iqama Copy.
4) Letter of Authorization which you can download from SEC Website when you are about to finish your registration process. Sign this letter and Scan it and upload it again.

All the above Documents should be scanned and uploaded from your SEC registration ID.

There is also a member ship fees and registration fees which you have to pay online on SEC website, Which is 500 SR and 750 SR.

And if you already have an Iqama then 1000 SR should be paid to Jawazat office which is the fees for change of profession on your Iqama.

Well i am hearing this for the first time that they stopped. I will find out about it and let you know whether it is stopped or still they are changing professions on iqama.

Thank you

Thank you.

I also have a doubt regarding this if anyone knew about the new rules (2017 august) please give a reply..is it possible to change the profession in iqama if we have an saudi embassy and cultural attested certificate as per new rule??

Me also facing same problem can u advice me regarding this please share ur what's App number this my number ***. I registered in sce the said as If approved, the profession can not be changed to an engineer. If you only want to join the board, we hope to se

Hoping ur reply

Moderated by Bhavna 3 weeks ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I have heard the same from my own HR and as well as from the HR of my friends  company. They also mentioned that the issue work visas has been suspended.

Yaa the stop only the give visa for higher green and gold clour company

Please share if there is any alternate way.

Moving to Riyadh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh

Travel insurance in Riyadh

Enjoy stress-free travel to Riyadh

Flights to Riyadh

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Riyadh

2 million members!

Watch later