I am planning on moving to live in India. Advise me on best location

Hello...my name is Lois..

I plan to moveto live in India...
Could you advise me on the easiest climate for an ex New Zealander?

I have both American and New Zealand teaching credentials.

I just need wisdom to know where to start!!!

my email is [email protected]    Thankyou

Hello Lois,

I have moved your discussion to India forum for more visibility ;) Meanwhile I will suggest you to browse some of the existing discussions in the India forum; am sure you will find lot of information which can help you to decide in which region to move.

There is also the Life in India guide, which can be useful as well!

Regards

Hi,
I live in Bangalore!

India is really diverse.Bangalore has the best climate, I could say!

Shoot your questions...If I can will guide you!

Cheerio!
Bimi

twinkle53 wrote:

Hello...my name is Lois..

I plan to moveto live in India...
Could you advise me on the easiest climate for an ex New Zealander?

I have both American and New Zealand teaching credentials.

I just need wisdom to know where to start!!!

my email is [email protected]    Thankyou

Hi Twinkle

Some info which could help you out. I would say dont go beyond  1)bangalore 2)chennai 3) Mumbai. Bangalore and Chennai are on the southern part.I would honestly say it better if you move on to the south..Mumbai is really a very crowded place..
So bangalore or chennai?
Bangalore is a really nice place to be in. It has got a lovely climate..unmathced anywhere else..Lots of hangout places but the thing is bangalore aint tat safe compared to chennai. Chennai is a traditional kinda place but yet you would find literally everything in chennai. you got nice hangout places,lovely beaches.only drawback is the climate.it gets very hot in chennai in summer. if you need any further info you can contact on my email id [email protected]

Well Mumbai is crowdy but Mumbai night life rocks. Women are safe even at night . So i would prefer Mumbai

Lois,

It all depends on what exactly you intend doing in India - if its teaching, then I agree with Bimi & Abhi - Bangalore would be the place given that there are quite a few Inernational schools employing expats and am sure it would be a good fit plus the climate, which is good when compared to the other metros in India (like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata) - but let's face it, given that India is a tropical country, it would wrong to expect a New Zealand kinda climate unless you are in a hill stattion in India - I have a suggestion though, how about checking with Ross Taylor - he seems to like the Indian climate and also Indian bowlers - he just hits them out of the park quite frequently....:).

Have a great stay in India. Let's stay connected.

Ciao

Thankyou Akhil,
great guidance...just what I was looking for ...someone to give me a quick "heads up" re climate...
yes I lived in Delhi once before and always enjoyed the escape to the Nilgiri Hills!!!

I would actually be happy teaching in a national school also..and I had also wondered about Nagaland..probably cheaper to live than a metro...and I have been used to living quite simply all over the world...

still I will do some research on Bangalore....

Thankyou so much for taking the time to respond to me...I appreciate it....Lois

For my part,i travel not to go anywhere,but to go.I travel for travels sake.The great affair is to move.So,this time lets move to historic city Delhi and forget about yourself and you,because a good traveller is one who does not know where he is going to,and a perfect traveller does not know where he came from.So,come to Delhi with your friends or with your family and lost yourself behind the walls of 'Jama Mazid',and the streets of old delhi and that yummy street food also,lost yourself in the infinite peace of 'Lotus Temple',and take a tablet of spritulaty in 'Birla Mandir' and many historical places and dont forget to see 'Kutub Minar' and world's biggest and famous 'Spice Bazaar',you have to see it.And for your kind information,mankind is divisible into two great classes:guests and guides.

[moderated: no free ads]

chennai is a very good place to learn a diversified culture and good climate too, for more details mail me to [email protected]