Spouse Sponsored KITAS

Good afternoon all,

I have been looking into moving to Indonesia for quite some time now. However the rules and conditions seem to have their own myths and legends built around them.

As far as i have been able to figure out on the interwebz and talking to other people:

Getting married is fairly easy: get religious marriage, get married for state, get 1 year KITAS
However: with this KITAS you are not allowed to work, start a business, or own land/property.
After 2 years of marriage you are eligible for KITAP:
This vaguely states you can provide for your family and the rules around KITAP are completely up to interpretation. You can still not start a company, own land or work with this completely legal...

Is there anyone who can confirm this? Or rather bust it, because living 2 years without working seems a rather unattractive future.

IMHO and according to my agent even on a Kitas if your wife owns a business you can slightly give a hand without being troubled BUT she has to be there at all times you will give that help.

Also notice that with a Family Kitas already in your hands you can be hired by a company and it will only need to process IMTA, which makes the whole process much quicker and easier

The OP is about right.
A legal marriage to an Indonesian pretty much guarantees a KITAS with an extremely likely trouble free KITAP after two years but these don't allow work as such.
A wife sponsored KITAS holder isn't supposed to work at all but that seems to be largely ignored as long as the work is informal, part time or things like school visits, and you keep your head down.
Wife sponsored KITAP holders get a lot more flexibility so can get away with working longer hours and more openly. The law is clear, a KITAP holder can work in order to look after his family but the work department bods say that's fine only if you have a work permit.
The safe way is working online, a family business, or some other part time stuff that brings in enough to live reasonably.
I suppose it depends on your skill set as to what you can do to earn your bread.

It wasn't always easy but I did that for 10 years and managed fine once I'd got the hang of how to earn without breaking any laws that anyone cared about (It's possible I bent a few)