BORED IN JEDDAH

Hello all

I am looking for things to do for a single (married but over here without the family) guy where I can go and go for a swim or meet others in a compound to play cards or just get together.

Anyone have any suggestions for things to do?

Is there any pools anywhere where you can go for a swim as a work out - I am used to public pools with dedicated swim times and I need something to do here besides sleep and eat.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks and the sooner anyone can answer the better as its Thursday night and dinner is looming again :)

thanks

Bill

Hello Bill,

It seems that there is a Stationary Fantasies Waterpark in Jeddah but as per our members posts, they claimed that only male are allowed :/ May be you can try to look out there on your free time ;)

Regards

thank you Yud, i appreciate the feedback

regards

Bill

Hi Bill/willy

In jeddah there are loads of expats living in the sharbahtly compund.loads of pools and a gym etc, im not sure if you can go in during the day without knowing someone inside etc. also they have the British Business group. which have regular meet ups for pool and cards etc they have a website if you google BBG Jeddah

All the best

Ross

Awesome, thank you my friend

i appreciate the info and will look into it

cheers

yea Sharbatly & amoudiyah Compounds r nice.
I am facing same problem coz I don't know anybody inside those compounds so I can't enter :\

willyedge1 wrote:

Hello all

I am looking for things to do for a single (married but over here without the family) guy where I can go and go for a swim or meet others in a compound to play cards or just get together.

Anyone have any suggestions for things to do?

Is there any pools anywhere where you can go for a swim as a work out - I am used to public pools with dedicated swim times and I need something to do here besides sleep and eat.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks and the sooner anyone can answer the better as its Thursday night and dinner is looming again :)

thanks

Bill

let's arrange something

Been offered work in Jeddah. Just reading up about Saudi and have an offer to go for a week to see the place and meet the guys I will be working with. Fortunately, I have a friend there already, what's the general opinion of living in Jeddah. If it helps to know what sort of person I am, I like to try different activities so scuba would be of huge interest. What else ya got?

peecee wrote:

Been offered work in Jeddah. Just reading up about Saudi and have an offer to go for a week to see the place and meet the guys I will be working with. Fortunately, I have a friend there already, what's the general opinion of living in Jeddah. If it helps to know what sort of person I am, I like to try different activities so scuba would be of huge interest. What else ya got?

better to come one week before you start your new job.

HI there,

That is an offer that has been made already but I am curious to know what kind of activities there are available to occupy oneself in my spare time.

Well i have been here over 2 months in Jeddah and the beach is beautiful but you have to know where to go (im still looking)

no bars or clubs so mostly sleep and eat - workout if you can find a place but outside of that......not much yet

dont get me wrong great place, cheap to live and eat and especially the gas if you get a car but for stuff to do -its not the US or Canada so be prepared

if we get enough people together we should be able to have a few nights out for dinner or get some card games going but not much else

i am back in Canada for 3 weeks finalizing visa stuff so will be back in April and we can chat more then once you have landed

take care and be prepared it is hot and muggy here and only going to get hotter!!!!!!

Hi willyedge1,
its depend on your location, so you can have a good times if nearby hiking places.

if you still in Jeddah feel free to contact me.

Regards

Nadi

Hi everyone, I'm a 35 yr old UK expat in Jeddah (married/3kids 4yrs and under in Jeddah with me) and am looking to join expat clubs, business and/or social. All suggestions welcome. Thanks so much!
Ali

Brit(KenPak) Expat wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm a 35 yr old UK expat in Jeddah (married/3kids 4yrs and under in Jeddah with me) and am looking to join expat clubs, business and/or social. All suggestions welcome. Thanks so much!
Ali

from my point of view, that's there's no expat clubs here except in either compounds, or Al Nakheel or Dream Beach.

Regards