Thanks to Expat.com

Hello, my name is Gerald  and since November 9 th 2016  I made to decision to leave the usa forever. I looked for advice on another Expat site and found the same bigotry and racism here in the usa, This site has been awesome! anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and experience. Puetro Rico, here I come  lol

Um...Puerto Rico IS part of the USA.

Glad we were able to help, when are you moving to PR?

Smates wrote:

Yes, but it is a very friendly place, people don't really care if you are white, black, blue, or gay. As long as one does not get into peoples faces they care not.

ReyP wrote:
Smates wrote:

Yes, but it is a very friendly place, people don't really care if you are white, black, blue, or gay. As long as one does not get into peoples faces they care not.

That's very true. We, islanders are very friendly and as long as you're respectful you will be ok.

Welcome to PR!!

Excuse me, Puerto rico is a territory of the usa and everytime a majority of the PR apply to become the 51st state. Tell everybody what happens?????????   Enough said

I will be much happier in PR.  See ya in November btw. I've been in tje usa all my life 56 yrs. And im tired of worrying about being shot by my own police department. And that's just one of my peoples daily problems. Don't get me wrong. There may be some bad cops in PR but i dont hear stories about tbwm shooting citizens point blank.  I didn't write this to start any debates. Im just telling the truth.   Enough said, i appreciate Expat.com.    end of story. Lol.

Which part of la isla do you think you'll be coming to? (West, is the BEST!) Will you be looking for work, or independently wealthy?

Mac-

Rincon or anasco.    I called yesterday about a house in anasco and i fall under there qualifications to rent.   Im disabled so i will do volunteer work but anything very physical wont be too good for me