Moving from USA

Hello, I am a female who is interested in moving to Hanoi with my dog for a couple of years. She is a shetland sheepdog, has a double coat type of fur, and is medium size.

I was looking at past discussions about having a dog in Vietnam, but a lot of the discussions aren't very recent, so please be honest with me about current or recent issues/difficulties I or she will be experiencing if I bring her with me.

What are the cons on bring her with me? How difficult would it be to have her live in Vietnam besides air travel. What dangers am I exposing myself and my dog to?

My dog has a really nice and easy life in the US, so what kind of life would she have in Vietnam? I'm most worried because my dog has unexpectedly bolted out the door before and has refuse to come back when she's away from me even if I call her name. I tend to get her back to me in a couple of minutes, but I understand it takes only a second for something to happen.

I need a lot more insight before I can make my final decision on whether or not I should bring her and if it would be best to leave her in the US with a friend.

My advice is, don't do it  unless you are going to live somewhere that has a yard. Many people in the North eat dogs, just think about what may happen if your dog is seen roaming the street.