Staff Nurse position in Auckland

I have been offered a Staff Nurse position in Auckland. The position is to work in Auckland City Hospital.However i am unsure to go ahead as it appears very expensive. My partner is unable to apply for work until we arrive. This makes us unsure of the move due to costs and if we can afford to live there. We are considering Gulf Harbour area. We both come from Newport, South Wales. Any help would be appreciated.
Andrew

Hello Andrew, the cost of living is indeed high! We ( family of 5) just arrived Friday the 11th from Norfolk in the UK as well to Auckland for my husband's job. I will also be looking for a job in due course. I think if you earn a good enough salary it can tide you both over till she gets a job
Also it maybe worth getting here before deciding where to live etc.
Some things are expensive  - accommodation, food ( We've been advised to buy from farmers markets and buy food in season as that's much cheaper)
Transport is cheap. We've also found relatively cheap - compared to the UK - phone contracts, utility bills.
The houses are larger. Cars are cheaper so yeah it's a mix. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Hi Idoma,
Thank you for your response, its very helpful. At least we can make an informed decision.  To move to New Zealand would be an amazing experience. Are you and your family based in the  Gulf Harbour?, if so, how are you finding it?.
I think we need to move out there to really understand if it is suitable or not.
Many thanks again.

Andrew

Very true you need to make the move to decide if it's worth it ir not. We're currently house sitting in Castor Bay as a temp accommodation till we find our own place. We've driven round and consequently crossed off a few places that we thought we'd like whilst we were in the UK. We will concentrate on North Shore and if any reasonable within budget properties come up near Auckland city, we'll have a look as well. It's been good going so far!

Well in glad things are going well for you all. I hope you enjoy New Zealand and maybe settle properly. If its ok with you i would like to keep in touch.  I will let you know if we make the move
Thank you again

Andrew

Thank you! I'm happy to keep in touch. Sent you a pm