Bahrain oppurtunity

hi there,

i am writing to get some info on opportunities in  Bahrain. we are hoping to move in the next few weeks as i have got a good offer in the hotel industry at the Ritz. i do have a few friends already there, but would need some help from the forum too..

i have a few questions that i would like to help me consider this move:

1. how far is Salmabad from places like juffair, adliya and sitra? how long will it take me to drive to salmabad from those places as well as the distance.

2. offer letter mentions "entitlement to free medical treatment from Govt health services". what are the govt services and how good are they? does it include maternity (should there be a need for this in the future). what are the best govt hospitals for an
expat? is there a small fee that has to be paid by the employee monthly?

i am not used to this, as being in abu dhabi i ahve been to private hospitals with good facilities and clean etc. im not too sure how it is in bahrain though?

3. what about rents in salmabad? can we get proper decent housing there? with facilities like the gym and pool? how much would it cost. i have heard juffair is a better place to stay with alot of expats?

would appreciate some help on the above.

thanks

i just did a bit of research on the govt hospitals, is BDF also a category that i would be entitled to? it seems like the best out of the other lot!!! not too sure though?

Welcome on Expat.com krm ;)

Concerning apartment rental, you can also post a customized advert (as per your budget, room type) on Bahrain Classifieds Page Category>Accommodation. This might help you as well.

Regards

Hi,

Bahrain is a very friendly country to live in. I have heard it is the friendliest country among other Arab country. answer's for ur questions are as follows:

1. Well, bahrain is a very small country. you can reach the metioned places from salmabad in less than 30 mins.

2. bahrain is one of the few countries that provide free health care to its peoples. expatriates are charged a small amount (app. $10) as service charge for each time you need to see the doctor. The medicines and tests are free of charge.

AS per what is mentioned in your offer letter; they might be talking about the hospital for foreign labors. service from this hospital is free of cost since the employers pay some amt of fees for health care of its employees. services from this hospital might not be that good because it is mainly for the low incomed employees. the BDF and other govt hospitals are good but you may need to pay the fixed charge. there are some monthly fees which the govt charge from the employer for each foreign employee. Some employer deduct from the employees salary. you need not worry since u will be working for Ritz :D

3. rents in salmabad will be a lot more cheaper than in juffair. housing according to ur needs in salmabad is rare but you will get plenty in juffair. If you are comming from US, Europe juffair is the best(adliya also) because lots of your people live there.