Close

Erst bank in Vienna phone number

The several Erste Banks in Vienna have one main phone number . To call from Canada where I live I dial 011 43 50 1002 0111 . I get a message in Austrian, I tried pressing different numbers on the phone , zero too, but no human comes on.
Now I scroll down on their web site and they have a number for English speaking people , it is shown as 05 0100-0111 . I dial it by putting 011 and the country code 43, in front but an engish message tells me it is invalid .
I thought maybe the Austrian speaking number and the English one were similar but the English had 05 instead 50 in front , but that didn't work either .

Aug 15 is The holiday in Austria , but can someone speaking Austrian please call the working number and ask for the correct number for English speaking clients ?

I'm looking for a bank I can have around 10,-15 thousand Euros in ,and an ATM card to make withdrawls as I roam Europe. Europe .
Their website seems to have low value accounts for students and people like me.
Thank You ,

Why are you putting 011 first?

It should be only 00 43 5 0100  20111

SimCityAT
Expert Team

Thanks ,
I thought that was what it should have been ,( the 0 and 5 were misplaced ) but it does not work, the message comes up saying the call can not be completed .
If you are in Austria can you try calling it to verify if the bank still has it as their number ? 
The website may not be updated.

The number works 05 0100  20111

But when you are calling from abroad you drop the first 0

Thus having +43 05 0100  20111

+43 5 0100  20111

There must be a number to call for those in another country, I don't bank with them so I don't know.  I will find out tomorrow as I am just on the way out.

Thanks SimCityAT,
Here in Canada we always put 011 in front of any international number . I use it all the time , then the country code ,Austria is 43 .
Oh Yes , I remember now trying to send a fax to Austria long ago , and how frustrating it was because I added the 0 as the web site showed . I don't think I ever sent the fax, but did discover I needed to drop the zero.
And that's why the bank number was 43 50 thus no zero, and I reached the bank , just that I didn't understand Austrian.
Thank You , Nick

well ive had enough !!
I called the 43 5010000111 number and some one tried interesting me in points , I wrote down the "code " gave me 55206086044 , we have lowlifes here in Canada too.
All I can say at this point is I'm sick of trying to contact the Erste Bank .
Please don't offer any suggestions .

Expatriate health insurance in Austria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Austria

Moving to Austria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Austria

Travel insurance in Austria

Enjoy stress-free travel to Austria