If you can call it this.....living in Panama

I do not like it here, the people are lazy, rude, liars. I say this not lightly, but alas it is true.
You may ask why stay? I am not staying, I am not filthy rich, I am in the Winter of life, fairly decent health, but I have been Blessed and I can go anywhere I want to go.
Health care is good here, but expensive.
Living carefully, you can live on $1200, and not be too hard on yourself.
There are drug addicts, thieves here as anywhere else.

you yourself attract  what you describe

Maybe you should try Chiriqui? Our experience here has been quite the opposite, and our living expenses for both of us are around $1200/mo. (We live in David and don't feel deprived of anything). But whatever works for you. For sure find somewhere where you are happy!

kristc99 wrote:

Maybe you should try Chiriqui? Our experience here has been quite the opposite, and our living expenses for both of us are around $1200/mo. (We live in David and don't feel deprived of anything). But whatever works for you. For sure find somewhere where you are happy!

Thank you for a positive response, you may be right, I have never been to David, maybe check it out,

Sammy, kristc is correct. David may not be the most athsetically pleasing city in latin america, but it is the faster growing commercial center and does offer a lot of advantages, and IS WAY cheaper and easier and safer than Panama City.....And you can live a bit outside and up the hill a ways and its much nicer and cooler........Its not sophisticated by any means, but people are pretty tranquila and cooperative in general......Hard to find good workers tho......All the motivated people are real bizy, so just the dregs are left, and they are pretty worthless........Somehow despite all the odds the place manages to move ahead.......and is actually quite functional.......driving is your biggest aggravation and risk.........

Been in David 8 years and had sense enough to not even consider Panama City.  Love David and have everything we need here, while Boquete lacks many sources for items of daily life.  Cost of living here very reasonable and most of the people are friendly.  Security is a problem everywhere in Panama so best be aware cautious.  Gun permit for 8 years and haven't had to shoot anyone or even threaten to.
Many Gringo's have been robbed, raped, tortured or killed and most you will never even hear about as it is bad for tourism and the reputation of the Police and the country in general.  Enjoy the good but be aware of the negatives to avoid becoming one of the harmed.

How did you get a gun permit?   I've read that they are basically impossible to get!

Not were, but are now, thnx to the current administration.........it will change again....likeit did in Costa Rica. People in general, homeowners are once again permitted to defend their life and property.......

triffic wrote:

you yourself attract  what you describe

Not sure how anyone could make such a statement..... Your not compelled to respond to someones post. If you do not like what someone has to say, just move on to the next post and try to be helpful. The original post was from someone who is obviously an older person who is entitled to his opinion without being judged.