Living in Pattaya

You are an expatriate living in Pattaya, or you used to  work and live in Pattaya.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Pattaya?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Pattaya?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Pattaya?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Life in Pattaya is Great...There is a mix of people here but once you find the places you like to go to then everything will be good. I recommend going to Tigglebitties Bar & Restaurant for some good Mexican and American food and they also have good and clean guest house rooms upstairs if you planning on staying daily, weekly, monthly.(moderated: no ads please)

Anyone wishing to 'integrate' could also pop along to the weekly (Sunday) meets of the:

Pattaya Expats Club
Pattaya City Expats Club

Both have websites & are a good way of getting to know some normal (as well as colourful) characters!

I have also attended some of the professional networking events that are regularly held around the city.  Many useful listing can be found in the Pattaya People newspaper (english) and a few other periodicals....

Hope this helps.

I have recently moved for a 12month period to Pattaya. My husband is  working here. Having met very few people(female ) my age and being  an active 65yr old with countless hobbies, life has been a little boring.A keen walker and lover of all outdoor life i would like to meet someone with similar interests.Jane

I think that Pattaya is a great place to live, and also a great place to find love. The biggest speed dating of the world was organised there, as you can read here at : [Moderated: Offtopic - No advert]

I am looking for a friend of mine, his mane is Denny Dycus, he is 63 year old form USA and he use to come to exercise at Tony's. If any one know where he is please let me know.

How would you describe life in Pattaya?
- I moved from Bangkok to work in Pattaya for almost 2 years. What I like here? Fresh air and the traffic is not too bad like in BKK.

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation?
- It's easy to find accommodation here but it's not easy to find a job which pays well like in BKK, no matter Expat or Thai :) 

Is it complicated to make friends in Pattaya?
- I don't think it's too much complicated more than else where. It depends on you, what kind of people / friends you would like to know. Everyone wants respectful and being polite.

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Pattaya?
- First, I believe that you already had the answer in your mind why you would like to move to Pattaya.
- Second, ask yourself what you see your life in Pattaya in the future. Pattaya is not for everybody.
- Third, Being relax and be careful at the same time.

Cheers,
Lucky.

Thank you very much for your contribution Lucky! :)