Need advice with mixed marriage birth certificate in Indonesia

My Indonesia wife are married with a family KITAS and recently celebrated the birth of our son at Surabaya. The birth was duly registered but after 6 weeks - still no birth certificate issued at the local registry office. Am I missing something? Is this time lag normal in mixed marriage birth certifications. My wife's family certificate appears stalled as well. I only ask because we are pending applications for dual citizenships, dual passports, and visa (wife) etc for travel to Australia. I work here and live here so I'm a little perplexed. Perhaps others have had similar problems and can provide constructive advice.  Look forward to your replies 👍🏻

My sons birth certificate took a while but it required my wife and mother in law and the street head to push it along. There should be no reason for a delay other than someone not doing their job properly and that all the correct documentation itself was submitted. It could of course be useful to make a donation to the local head to help make things run a little quicker.
But don't you go otherwise the donation might have to be increased.

For the family certificate I think again it was done in around 2 months.

Is your wife from the same area area you are applying the birth certificate from?

Yes to all and yes I stay out of the transactions (we are told and informed the service is free).  All the documentation was included including dotted and Crossed. I am very used to slow but in this case even our national friends are shrugging their shoulders with amazement. I admit (to the selfish me) that the bosses family certificate is a "side issue"  however our entire travelling future (have to show off the new heir to the relatives) has been stalled wanting for a single piece of official paper-dom 😊

This happens, it shouldn't but it does.

Once you have that letter from the hospital the birth certificate should be issued free of charge within a couple of weeks of application  - the same period should apply to the family card but you as a KITAS holder can't be on it (If they follow the rules).
As long as you have some sort of legal status in Indonesia and are legally married, there's nothing legal stopping you being listed as the father.
KITAP holders should be included on family cards but I never managed to get on mine, being told (wrongly) that I must have a separate one - I had to live with that but it was no real problem.

With a nice calm and polite attitude, try to light a fire under their bums to get them moving.

I'm sending my mother-in-law.  She's tough like shoe leather, stronger than Hercules and ill tempered as a Rottweiler. I love her style and panache. 100% jawa timur woman. I'm sure she will get the cogs turning. 👍🏻 My wife is simply ill tempered and has yet to season when it comes to bureaucracy.  Cheers Troopers- many thanks.

We have been waiting just shy of 3 months as a comment above says "it's a case of people not doing the job" luckily I don't have plans to travel with our new son till next year once a majority of the first year vaccinations are completed

I am in a long term relationship with an Indonesian national, but we are not married. She has a "difficult" family and at this time, prefers our un-married status. When our son is born later this year, I will probably not be mentioned on any official docs/certificates, as this could cause complications later on it seems. I am not really concerned about certificates etc for myself, at this time. I was wondering whether my son would be disadvantaged without this registered relationship of having an English father being available. Obviously when travelling, he would be an Indonesian citizen, but I imagine if necessary, a paternity test would allow this link to be notorised at any time later? Any views?

It won't help your child if born out of wedlock and will make getting the child on family certificates etc harder. Also he will have limited rights in the UK as getting a passport would be harder as you have to prove you are the father. The UK does recognise children born overseas but they are not automatically given UK status but are registered as a dependant and when the child is old enough, can choose whether to become a British national or not.

Get married.
The kid will have problems will official documents for years if you don't.

My understanding is, it's much easier to be married or get married ( fully legal / recognised one if you are different faith) you can get a DNA done and your name put on the birth certificate but I'm also informed it varies with the area of Indonesia if the courts will allow this, basically single mothers are still a taboo in many parts of Indonesia, if/when you marry you still do a DNA but it is straight forward with documentation to update a birth certificate etc, once this is done and only then can you go for a uk passport (as in my case), alternatively have the baby in your home country as you can get the birth certificate done if you both attend to register and apply for both indo and uk etc (again in my case) but we had no choice due to visa expired and pregnancy to far gone to fly (and cost was approx 20x more in uk)
Just as a note the documents you leave the hospital with will name you as being present at the birth only and not as the father  unless married

If you do go to the UK for the birth, get the birth certificate legalise before you return to Indonesia.

https://www.get-document-legalised.serv … ct-service

If not married you will not be installed on the birth certificate. My son is 8 weeks old (I'm married to an Ambon Princess)  and had to show our marriage certificate and ID at the hospital when they issued the interim document prior to my wife and son being discharged.  Australia is a little easier for case determination and citizenship with dual citizenship a right rather than a legal determination. .....although I'm still waiting for his final birth certificate to be issued at the local registry here in Surabaya.  They spelt my name wrong .... so we hurry up and wait. An incorrect issued document could take years to fix in Indonesia. The saga continues. Health to your partner and bub. Marry the girl!!!!!! 😊

Marriage is the best solution as far as the kid goes.
Some schools here still refuse kids of unmarried parents and others will mess you about.
Things like passports and other official documents can also be a pain to get, my wife experiencing a problem because the immigration officer was refusing to accept our marriage certificate.
That was pretty easy to sort out but an unmarried person and their kids could well have a harder time.

You could always invite us to the wedding. I like bundy rum. I'm sure Fred and the others have there own cold beverage preferences 😊 One has to cater for us riff-raff