SIM driving license

Hi all,

Does anybody knows an agent who is keen to process driving license? Mine doesn't provide this service.
I am on a Kitas for now and no i don't want to rush to Denpasar:)

Thank you so much

In order to obtain a SIM you need to go to a licencing center to be photographed and finger printed. An agent will speed your process up.

Agents will be most easily located at the driving test facility. Upon the payment of the agency fee they will assist you through the process. There are no short cuts for identifying particulars as noted by Lukereg as the identification (pic, signature and fingerprints) and the license systems are linked. To save time, do your car and scooter license on the same day to avoid more visits. Upon renewal you can then attend a local licensing kiosk instead of the license testing facility. Agency assistance fees differ from person  to person and Agent to Agent depending on what you're prepared to pay for this premium service. As is normal, dress in long pants, shoes and collared shirt at the licensing centre.  Hope this helps 👍🏻

There in new rules in Jakarta and the surrounding areas that insist all foreigners now attend an area centre rather than a local one to do the tests or renew licences.
This was introduced after a KPK crackdown but I'm unsure if it was rolled out over the whole country or just around Jakarta.

An agent is pretty pointless as the procedure requires a medical, photos taken at the centre and fingerprints so you have to go anyway.

My friend had his sim c renewed a month ago in Jakarta. All his paperwork was prepared  before the day and so when got to the center he was done in 10 minutes. He was given his paperwork prior to arrival so it was really easy this time he said.

Well thanks for the tips. I would have been glad to pay someone to avoid me going there but as long as it's not doingable I might just take care of it myself then. When you've done some kitas, sktt, wedding, infant civil registrations and so on I guess driving license is just a piece of sliced peanut butter administration cake

Rock on brother- you're  clearly organised and a DIY guru. Best wishes and good luck! Drive safe 👍🏻

Keyser_Söze wrote:

Well thanks for the tips. I would have been glad to pay someone to avoid me going there but as long as it's not doingable I might just take care of it myself then. When you've done some kitas, sktt, wedding, infant civil registrations and so on I guess driving license is just a piece of sliced peanut butter administration cake

Nope, it's going to be hard work.
The licence will be got at the AREA office closest to your KITAS address and they will require to see your original KITAS, SKTT and a bunch of other stuff, and keep a photocopies of all.
They will also require a copy of your wife's KTP, that showing the same address as your SKTT.
If the address don't match, you have zero hope of a licence and they are likely to report you to immigration.
As you say you don't have a physical KITAS, it's impossible and could lead to arrest if you try.

That's why in Bali people from other island have a kipem which state their adress in Bali. That's their ID and they have to have it

Now days you need a KITAP to apply for Indonesian drivers licence. Found out the hard way..2 trips to Denpasar only to be told KITAS changed to KITAP July 16

My friend had to supply copy of kitas, passport pages, green card and the cash and the rest was easy.

You'll find them at the licensing centre usually.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : illegal advices are not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Illegal activity or suggesting how to break the law is not a good subject, especially as corruption is such a sensitive issue in Indonesia at the moment.

Here in Batam you visit the police station for car license / bike license and once all documents are confirmed the process takes between 10-30 minutes to collect license/s. me suggesting if the poster knows police to help i.e. The poster said it was not in his/ her language but in  bahasa and had didn't have a clue, this was the case with me, fortunately I know several police at said police station where I made application for licenses "renewal" I do not read bahasa and only speak basic bahasa my friend who is in the police kindly assisted with translation
Hence " do you know any police to help you" as in my case
I fail to see how I have suggested to someone how to break the law
The mind boggles on how people think

Gwmeath wrote:

Here in Batam you visit the police station for car license / bike license and once all documents are confirmed the process takes between 10-30 minutes to collect license/s.

Foreigners are now required to go to the local head office, not the local places Indonesians use but that might not have got as far as Batam yet.
It has been initiated in Jakarta and the surrounding areas so foreigners will be turned away from local centres and told to go to a head office.

cdzjcsdvcxszjckjvchjas wrote:

I tried today.  Had medical, Kitas, ID card, Passport.  Registered OK.  Identification OK. Had to do a theory test.  All on computer, and in bahasa Indonesia.  I didn't have a clue!

Gwmeath wrote:

I fail to see how I have suggested to someone how to break the law
The mind boggles on how people think

You asked if the poster knew any local police to help them.
Since the poster was talking about the test, suggesting assistance would be encouraging illegal activity.

Rubbish

The basic requirements are here.

http://satulayanan.id/layanan/index/308 … wna-/polri

I understand Denpasar has a special SIM aimed at tourists for Rp100,000.

To all expats- follow the rules. Please do not feel so obligated and arrogant to actively seek shortcuts. If you can't legally obtain the required SIM or other driving authority then hire a driver.

And don't ask for help if you don't read the local language as apparently it's illegal even though within local guidelines it states you can ask for assistance or even take someone with you for assistance 😂