Personal Vehicle over border(s)

Greets folks,

I'm getting ready to ask for local military assistance on this issue but thought someone here may be able to give me some handy info.

I'd like to cross the border to the UAE & then go on to Oman this coming Hajj break.

I drive a personal vehicle, have full insurance coverage (in Saudi) and the registration is in my name.

My driving record is in good standing.

Thanks for any tips and/or advice.

Have a great day!

ReLLeK

PS:  Sorry if this has been discussed at length elsewhere.  I'm multi-tasking on several levels and will have a look through the forum within the next day or two.

No issue, UAE Visa online & Oman visa is on arrival if you have valid Saudi Iqamma.

ReLLeK wrote:

Greets folks,

I'm getting ready to ask for local military assistance on this issue but thought someone here may be able to give me some handy info.

I'd like to cross the border to the UAE & then go on to Oman this coming Hajj break.

I drive a personal vehicle, have full insurance coverage (in Saudi) and the registration is in my name.

My driving record is in good standing.

Thanks for any tips and/or advice.

Have a great day!

ReLLeK

PS:  Sorry if this has been discussed at length elsewhere.  I'm multi-tasking on several levels and will have a look through the forum within the next day or two.

AFAIK, if you have full insurance coverage you'll need to be getting 3rd party insurance at the border of both UAE and Oman, also just check with your insurance company whether your insurance covers in GCC or not as well.

Let me know how the trip will go, i'm planning to do that too next year.

Thanks Hamudi,

But do you know anything about getting the permission paper(?) or...I don't know what to call it.  There's a paper issued by the Saudi govt. allowing that vehicle to cross borders, etc.  Anything there?

Cheers

That paper you are referring is called Triplet , not required for GCC trips , thanks for not thanking me  :sosad:

Thanks, but....we used to have a paper (I guess it was a Triplet) to cross into Bahrain several years ago. 

Each car in the carpool had one...occasionally it'd need to be updated, etc. but I didn't know much about it because it was company provided.

Now I'm in the position of having a personal auto.

So, Tariq - your info. is telling me that it's no longer required (if indeed that paper we used before was a Triplet)??

Color me confused.

ReLLeK wrote:

Thanks Hamudi,

But do you know anything about getting the permission paper(?) or...I don't know what to call it.  There's a paper issued by the Saudi govt. allowing that vehicle to cross borders, etc.  Anything there?

Cheers

If the vehicle is fully under your name then you don't need any permission, all you'll need to do is purchase 3rd party insurance from the KSA-UAE border for 200SR or AED. Similar case will apply to Oman as stated by my friend who was there during Eid period.

tariqkhattak70 wrote:

That paper you are referring is called Triplet , not required for GCC trips , thanks for not thanking me  :sosad:

he didn't thank u because u didn't answer his question  :P

Ahhh, but I DID thank him....and I thank you (again) too.   :p

Welcome...enjoy the trip

WithIn GCC only insurance is required when entering other GCC country Nothing else, so stay calm and enjoy your trip  :one

:lol: