Fresh Graduate looking for a job in Beijing

Hello,

I am curious what is the odds for fresh graduates from other countries to secure a job in Beijing? I am looking to capitalize on China's growing market and settle down on a progressive career in Beijing. I recently just graduate with a Bachelor Degree and am trying to find out the job competitiveness in Beijing. Thank you very much! Hope to hear some experience and advice.

Best Regards,
Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Honest assessment: a lot does still depend on skin color. Assuming the same accent, a person with fairer skin usually has an easier time finding quality employment. That being said, employers also consider work history, visa type, TEFL/TESOL/CELTA (or lack of), amongst other factors, in their decision making process.

Give it a whirl. China is probably the largest market for teachers now and growing everyday!

Cheers,
Jeff

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

There are lots of opportunities in China at the moment especially for graduates. I've said this on a similar post recently but If you don't already have one I'd suggest creating a linked in account. Its such a great way to keep an eye out on what is happening internationally and what is out there.