Applying for asylum in Brazil

Hi I am an American citizen whose human and civil rights have been violated  the past year by American law enforcement agencies and their officials causing un willful poverty and interference in such  ways that I can not carry on normal life events.
I was stalked and evicted from a domestic violence shelter last month, I have been stalked, spied on, harrased and humiliated as well as private emails opened, deleted and hacked due to my involvement in Civil rights issues concerning the mentally handicapped and treatment of school children by the public school district in my town of origin. I have now moved to a new state of Arizona and still encountering the same issues....Since I am hearing that Brazil has some of the more favorable asylum policies currently I am wondering what type of documentation it would take  from me  American citizen and also how long that process would take

Andersonjade

My advice would be to contact the Brazilian consulate in your district to see how to begin the process. I believe it needs to start there.

Jim

Hi there, sorry to here your being victimised in your own country, and that your thinking of comming to Brazil
Brazil is a gerat country, with great weather, people, but at the moment Brazil, has no real work, for Brazilians, let alone for none Brazilians, and even less for none Brazilians that cant speak portuguese,,,, there,s not alot of help here for people in need,,, so unless your comming with a good supply of your own Money, you will find your going to have big poblems here
sorry to be giving you bad News, but there are things you need to know, before you start any process

Thanks for the advice...as is true for many other countries don't have the resources that America has but it's about protecting interests rights and freedom so I will be willing to work out whatever is necessary. If politics and human rights violation is involved do they also have refugee assistance programs that help you survive in that country although in the poorest of circumstances?

Thank you for the advice one or two agents are paying individuals and companies to not have anything to do with me. I believe the budget is pretty strong in this case but it will have to be even stronger if it is necessary to change countries. I just need a country to host me for a while so that I can get a new citizenship. And get rid of American citizenship

Hi there
Judging by what ive seen, living in Brazil, i really dont think your going to get any real help
Most of the Brazilian ive meet, have asked me Why did i come to Brazil, they think Iam mad, they think with all that gos on here, that you live a safe (the UK) and come to an Unsafe country
to be honest if i was looking for a very safe country that would help me, i would go to the UK, theres a hole systeam in place for "refugee assistance" and they talk English,,,, and beliive me theres a lot of US citizens there and a lot of help,,, as long as your not a criminal, you in there

That was my other option knowing that the UK is super power can stand up to American oppression a little bit better because they are the architects and background of the system of democracy but at the same time they might do the same thing so it all depends on cheapest and easiest option because living with no rights is poor as hell

Really that bad?

Have you thought of our neighbor to the north, Canada? Illegals from different countries of different nationalities cross the imaginary line to Canada in droves to seek asylum or for a better future. It´s been on CNN lately. Immigration officers already are waiting by the border to process YOU! Please go and research at CNN news on your computer. Be armed with the evidence of political or civil persecutions...

If you have a little bit of money, say around 6-12 mos of operational expenses, you can go to Portuguese speaking Cape Verde. No visa for americans. Just go and just pay the entrance at the airport. After expiration of your stay, you can apply for like a residency visa good for 1 year. You can renew this every year. Some people don´t even bother to renew. They won´t ask. They love that you stay - thinking that you will invest to generate employment.

Jobs are scarce even for residents. Tourism is the top industry. You can work at the island of SAL on one of the big hotels that welcome many tourists. You might have an advantage because you´re a native speaker. Forget teaching English. Lots of unemployed English teachers and the residents can´t afford it. The best alternative
is to establish your own business if you have the capital. Very easy to establish. You can open a bank account with only your passport. You also don´t need a resident visa to work or establish a business. But they would like you to have an address be it rented or bought. Read on it on their ExPat forum.

Finally Brazil. I live close to a city (Porto Alegre) that has an entity that processes refugees, immigrants etc. It´s called CIBAI in Porto Alegre. Refugees from Senegal, Colombia, Venezuela and Europeans come, cross the border and later are shuttled to this city for paperwork help as an immigrant. They give you shelter, food, clothing temporary work and even Portuguese lessons. Be ready to research on CIBAI PORTO
ALEGRE on Google. If you're Portuguese is not good, be ready with Google translator.

Americans need a visa to come to Brazil. Otherwise refer to "Brazil's porous borders"
that I posted days ago at "Leaving university after first semester and then going traveling." I´m 45 minutes by car to Porto Alegre and the porous border close to me
is Rivera (Uruguay side) and Santana do Livramento (Brasil side).

There you are. Some panacea for your ills. As we americans always say: "PICK YOUR OWN POISON." Good luck!

robal