Close

Americans in Nagykanizsa, Hungary

I am seeking to connect with fellow Americans living in Zala County, Nagykanizsa, Hungary. Contact me if you would like to get together for a cup of coffee and have a friendly chat. For example, we could compare notes about our experiences. Have a pleasant day!  :cool:

Hi/Szia:

I don't live in Nagykanizsa (yet). I would like to ask a question however; I went to Nagykanizsa last year, and I have spent a lot of time in the past with relatives in the Zalaegerszeg area to the north in Zala megye, and really I really enjoyed Nagykanizsa. Is it a good place to live for foreigners? How is the cost of living there relative to other towns in Hungary such as Szombathely, Budapest, Gyor, etc.?

I will probably have Hungarian citizenship shortly, and after my retirement in less than three years and I would like to spend a lot of time in Hungary. I am looking at different towns to stay in and am comparing notes. Why did you move to Nagykanizsa specifically and why do you like living there? I thought it was a pretty town and really liked the central square. Looked like a nice place to live!

Thank you

Expatriate health insurance in Hungary

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hungary

Moving to Hungary

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hungary

Travel insurance in Hungary

Enjoy stress-free travel to Hungary

Flights to Hungary

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Hungary

2 million members!

Watch later