Visa Extension adivse???

Hello all

My current visa gonna be expired next month together with my 1 year old daughter's, what options do we have for a visa extension? our status as follow:

-Wife is vietnamese Citizen, but we dont have a Vietnamese Marriage Certificate (was told it is gonna be a nighemare to get one for foreigner)

-Currently we are on a 3 months Visitor Visa, going to expire next month

-willing to get another 3 months visa

Can we extend our visa in the country without doing boarder run (leaving the country) cuz we dont want our baby to suffer, if so, how?

Thanks heaps in advance, any input will be appreciated.

anyone? Thank you.

Hi there.
you should go to pham ngu lao ask for tourist agent . they could help you for your case.

for my own case. i went to Entry bureau for extension . they rejected to extend for me but asked me to applied from tourist agent

not sure if it;s related to nationality  or the policy request . but i think tour agent is helpful

My visa expires next month also but i have business visa so i will have no problem extending , If you are on tourist visa and you have used up your 3 months I thing you may have to make an exist from country. ,  Don't quote me on that,  but i think that is the rule of law.   Make a trip over to Cambodia and get a business visa and when you come back to VN you will be able to extend it. periodically

Getting a marriage certificate all comes down to where you do it. If you are living in the city/town that she is registered then its much easier to do.

Carter Lim wrote:

i went to Entry bureau for extension . they rejected to extend for me but asked me to applied from tourist agent ....not sure if it;s related to nationality  or the policy request . but i think tour agent is helpful

If you think about it why should the officials suggest you go to a third party for visa work which is their job.  It is evidence of corruption.  Even if you as a foreigner are not paying a bribe, you pay the agent an inflated price for the visa and a portion of the markup is undoubtedly shared with the agency.  The system serves to shield the government from criticism by and from the diplomatic corps of other countries while still collecting the bribe which is Vietnamese to Vietnamese.

There was a fairly highly placed US official at the consulate in HCMC who was selling US visas using Viet Kieu residing in HCMC as middlemen.  He was sentence to 64 months in US federal prison in 2014 so presumably is still there.  Same problem, different outcome.

Agree what you mentioned here.

Feeling exhausted when dealing or facing those officer...  Even i knew the visa Extension fee is only $10 while agent charge around $70-$80 or even higher.

But Corruption everywhere in VN,  The most obviously proof is traffic police can make a fortune

Seem situation is unchangeable within a short time . Either pay and make things easier or seem nothing we can do at this moment.  :sosad:

you need to do a border run its the only way now, just had my wrist slapped (plus a fine) for being a naughty boy!

Nudge,

I was just able to buy my first-ever five year visa here in the USA.  I've had to do the 90-day thing each year for the past six years.  When you do go to the travel agency at Pham Ngu Lao, you might want to ask them if a five year is something they can do.  It only cost me about 20 USD more than what the 90-day used to cost.

Lots of e-visa agencies in Saigon.

I use this one
https://www.vietnam-evisa.org/contact.html

No need to leave the country.

Cheers