Close

Movers cost from San Francisco to Ajijic

How much would it cost to move a household of 2 from San Francisco to Ajijic? We collect art and we do not want to live in Mexico without it.

Hi,
We are moving from Colorado  to San Miguel de Allende and looked into several companies. We decided on Mexico Moving Company, owned by Ronald Ponton. We are moving on the 15th of August and can let you know how the move goes after we arrive. Ronald came very highly recommended. We also spoke with and considered Golden Bear Moving Company in San Miguel, they do moves all over the world and are also highly recommended. We chose Ronald over them only because he was more affordable. I would check both of them out.
Here are their phone numbers:

Golden Bear Moving
Luis Ortiz, Jr and Mario Ortiz
949-627-1455

Ronald Ponton, Sr.
956-508-2407

Good Luck
Arlene Thomas

I'll check with the big company here, Strom White Movers' tomorrow and let you know.

I stopped in at Strom White Movers today who is the biggest international moving company here in Ajijic. They wouldn't give any kind of a quote as they would have to send one of the affiliate moving companies they use in that area to price it out. But... they said you can go to their website and download a 34 page document and if you have further questions you can call them. They speak excellent English.
U.S. phone 210-745-2479
email: info[at]stromwhitemovers.com

Thank you very much for the information, it is greatly appreciated!  Happy travels to San Miguel   :)
Brenda

Thanks again  :P

Another quick question in terms of buying furniture in Mexico.  Frankly people say furniture in Mexico is very inexpensive but I don't think that is true if you are looking to buy on the high end of the spectrum.  For instance, the furniture you see in  the model homes in La Reserva, Puerto Arroyo and Arroyo Alto in Ajijic... how much would it cost to furnish a 3 bedroom home with that type of furniture? 

Thanks Ricardo!

Brenda

Expatriate health insurance in Mexico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mexico

Moving to Mexico

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mexico

Travel insurance in Mexico

Enjoy stress-free travel to Mexico

Flights to Mexico

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Mexico

2 million members!

Watch later