Which state in canada will be best for me ?

hi my name is selvi, am from malaysia am an indian i am planning to move to canada
can i know which state in canada will be best for me.

1. am moving alone
2. looking for flat or room for rent first
3. easy to find job.
4. temple's
5. i only can speak English.

Hi Selvi raja,

Please note that i have created a new thread with your post on the Canada forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

For a good start, please feel free to have a look at the Living in Canada guide.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Just like Chinese, there's Indians in any province (Note, they don't call it states here. It's province). So they'd be some form of a temple for you.

Bigger cities like Toronto / Vancouver, tend to have more job prospects. However, they can typically be more expensive to live in by measure of how far away one have to live from downtown to keep rent down - then of course your transportation costs goes up. Smaller cities are the opposite - less job prospects but more calm and peaceful. One could essentially live closer to downtown without blowing one's budget.

Your questions are pretty generic and I would say trying to find answers towards something you don't even know besides intending to come here to live.

The bigger question that needs to be answered first is what do you want for yourself. Answer this in more detail, and that'll you find the answers to all the other questions.

First, Canada has provinces not states just to get you going in the right direction.

Last time I checked, Ontario and Quebec have the largest markets.  Alberta is suffering a bit at the moment due to the fall of oil prices.  Quebec does speak English but I think to really function well, you need to be able to speak French.  If you are willing to learn, I think they are accommodating.  Maritime province are very nice as well.  If you want to get back to nature, this is a great place to be and housing is cheaper.  British Columbia, has a big market as well be housing is very expensive.

Hope this helps.