Job security in Malaysia

Hi Everyone,

I am a software engineer from INDIA with 6 years experience. I have got an offer in Malaysia  but initially they are giving me VISA only for one month.

I want to know how is the job security in Malaysia. How likely they will try to get it extended for me after an year.

Responses are much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Sounds very strange. What usually happens is the recruitment process is divided into 2 parts. Once Stage I is finished (i.e. the company is given the green light by immigration to   hire you) then a Visa with Reference is often prepared which is valid for one entry and one month to get it put into your passport. After arriving in Malaysia, Stage II is carried out, where the company sends the passport to immigration to get the work permit put into it. The work permit is usually 1 or 2 years.

All jobs are tied to a specific company. All applications by that company have to be submitted while the potential employee is OUTSIDE Malaysia. So DONT come unless you have a clear offer of 1 or more years and a salary of RM7k or more a month.

Don't pay anyone any money to get a job. These are scams.

There is reasonable job security if you perform well. But there is very little chance of promotion and salary raises without moving job to another employer.

Thank you. Below is what I received.

Company would be responsible for applying your EP to enable you to work in Malaysia Company would also be responsible for arranging the Dependant Pass for your spouse. The cost of the Dependant Pass needs to be borne by the employee.

Does this a common thing or strange?? Please advise.

I have not been asked to pay anything. Got this offer from a job portal.

Sounds normal - company now needs to go through the process to see if they can actually recruit you. The Job Offer letter is only valid if immigration can be arranged. That process may take about 3 working weeks.

The cost of the dependent pass is not much https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/faq/myxpa … n-charges/ but check what you read from this link with them, so make sure you know how much they intend to charge you.

Sorry.. it's for one year.. not month!!