Can I obtain a work visa (VISTO V) once I am in Brazil?

Hi,

I am a Latvian National (EU) who is flying to Brazil after a month and a half to live and work there for roughly a year. I have already some job offers, but the issue here is with the visas. The employers say they cannot help me with this documentation. I have tried to get in touch with my local Brazil embassy which is in another country (Sweden) but they did not reply nor can I call them.

So my question is can I obtain a work visa once I am in Brazil and sort it out there? I know that I am allowed to stay in the country for up to 90 days and this should be enough theoretically to manage this kind of documentation; just the matter is whether it is actually possible.

Thank you and regards,
Martins

DonMartins wrote:

Hi,

I am a Latvian National (EU) who is flying to Brazil after a month and a half to live and work there for roughly a year. I have already some job offers, but the issue here is with the visas. The employers say they cannot help me with this documentation. I have tried to get in touch with my local Brazil embassy which is in another country (Sweden) but they did not reply nor can I call them.

So my question is can I obtain a work visa once I am in Brazil and sort it out there? I know that I am allowed to stay in the country for up to 90 days and this should be enough theoretically to manage this kind of documentation; just the matter is whether it is actually possible.

Thank you and regards,
Martins

1) to get a "work visa" you need to have a job with a Brazilian company,
2) you cant work with a tourist visa
3) if you say you might have some work with brazilian companys and they cant get you the visa, then there not real company, if they were real that its very easy for them to get you the vias
3) if your comming on a toruist visa you can extend it for an extra 90 days but that will cost, but after the 180 days in total you must leave brazil, and can not re-enter Brazil for another 180
4) theres not alot of work for Brazilian, at the moment, and even less for none Brazilians
5) if you dont speek Portugese, then its going to be very extremely difficult for you
6) Nothing happens very quickly in Brazil,

Thanks for the very great, dense and helpful answer! ;)))

dont give up. Theres aways "a way"

Yup. Cheers. I guess what matters in life is the attitude and perseverance one has to his aspirations. :)

My portuguese is fair level and I will find a way, I am sure. Hopefully i wont be an illegal immigrant in the country. haha

DonMartins wrote:

Yup. Cheers. I guess what matters in life is the attitude and perseverance one has to his aspirations. :)

My portuguese is fair level and I will find a way, I am sure. Hopefully i wont be an illegal immigrant in the country. haha

No 'dont' be illegal, its not Worth doing that, anyway theres loads of them already here
Find your self a nice Brazilian girlfriend, theres loads in the UK,there some good looker's there and all looking for a nice Europen Boyfriend, you dont even need to marrie her to come here to be legal

Hmm. I actually might have one already. hehe :D. But what do you mean when u say i dont need to marry her, what are the options, alternatives? ;)

DonMartins wrote:

Hmm. I actually might have one already. hehe :D. But what do you mean when u say i dont need to marry her, what are the options, alternatives? ;)

Yes, theres aways "a way"
Brazil:
Stable Union vs. Civil Marriage.
By Elza Maria Bastos da Cunha Costa. The so called união estvel” (Stable Union) designates a relationship where people are living as if married, and in the majority of situations with the objective of having a family.

Cheers :)