Missing piece

Hello, I'm new to this forum and will be returning for the first time since 68. I'm looking for suitable housing for just myself in the NaTrang area. I feel reconnecting with my past will show my future. I enjoy watercolors and film photography both 120mm & 35mm also I shoot Nikon digital media. Like all expats who are looking for something  my needs are simple but much like thousands of others that are seeking that one piece that has been left behind.  Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks!

Yes welcome to the font of all knowledge in Vietnam! You are about to be inundated with messages from estate agents, so the only advice I can give you in that respect is: CAVEAT EMPTOR !

Remember that there are no laws to protect you in Vietnam.

Other than that , have a great time here.

Roger that, thanks for the heads up, hopefully I know it when I see it, I hope for a quiet reawakening and some closure ever how small. Take care.

I hope you find what you are looking for. I'm still trying to find closure from Northern Ireland. But my guess is that you will find much more, once you get established here. One thing I will say is: Don't burn your boats and make sure you have a lifeline back to home - i.e. a reserve of funds.

Don't accept contact requests, complete waste of time and you will never actually meet any of them. Most contact requests will be from locals, once you accept you will be asked to teach them English or trying to flog real estate.

Thanks for that useful intel seems the net is loaded with those who would take atvantage of the naive. Appreciate you taking time to flag me.

For info: Friends in Nha Trang pay between from five million dong a month to rent a two bedroom house to ten million a month rent a six bedroom house.  It took them a lot of searching to find something suitable. Don't bother with local land agents, who often only take you to houses they own themselves. Instead, search the lanes yourself  Look for signs like, "Cho thue" (For rent), "Nha cho thue" (house for rent).  You also need to just ask in what ever neighbourhood you choose, because many places are for rent, but do not have a sign out the front.

many thanks, your intel will rove very helpful in locating what I'm looking for. I have a place in da nang for my first month I'll make way down to na Trang and look via neighborhood, just myself needs are quiet simple I have time if I don't locate what I want I'll air b&b another month until I  find it- I'll know it when I find it however I'm null on good neighborhoods vs not so good. Again thanks so much!

theres a nice enuff place on north of nha trang. about 4.5 mill

eod - i grew up sometime in NI: prob different perspective.

I have no probs with NI. Some of it is very beautiful. But there were reasons why I was there, which were far from beautiful. Enough said.  :|

I totally get it feel the same upcountry dong ha although I hope to return up there once more. Like you say nuff said!