Close

Newbie in NZ

Hi, i have been living in Auckland for almost 3 months now. I came here as a visitor visa after working and living in Singapore for 6 years and after 4 weeks of enjoying the beautiful scenery here in NZ and looking for a job at the same time i was very fortunate to get a job offer from an accredited company and now i am waiting for my work visa approval hopefully this week.

You're so lucky!! Could you share how you ended up with an job offer with just a visitor visa? I've been trying to get a job there but it seems nearly impossible without a working visa :(

I'm considering taking post grad course to try luck to get a job there. But if only I could get a job straight then I can skip the studying part .

Yes i think I'm really lucky. I came here around May 2017 with a tourist visa, interviewed around July 2017 and i got my work visa last week. I guess one of the reason was my 13 years of solid experience in Supply chain specifically in Planning & Purchasing.

Just keep on trying. Don't give up!

Oh good for you :)

Aww... thanks. I think I'm gonna try taking up post graduate course. Coming from banking industry, don't think it's easy to get a similar job in NZ.

Expatriate health insurance in Auckland

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Auckland

Moving to Auckland

Find tips from professionals about moving to Auckland

Travel insurance in Auckland

Enjoy stress-free travel to Auckland