What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in Brazil?

Hello everyone,

Where is the best place to start when looking for a job in Brazil? Is it better to job-hunt by directly contacting the company of your interest, or should job-seekers rely on a recruitment agency, for example?

Are there any unique aspects that job-seekers should consider when preparing their CV/résumé and cover letter? Should a photo be included?

Do you have any tips on interview conduct in Brazil? Are there any particulars, such as greetings or behavioural customs?

In you opinion, is knowledge of the local language or a regional language necessary to successfully apply for a job? What level of the language should job-seekers have mastered?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello!! Welcome to Brazil!

First of all you need a visa (not tourist) to be able to be hired. I guess you already have it, right?

It's always helpful to have a picture on your CV.

During the interview, just be you, talk about your experiences and what you're looking for. Be natural, don't use slangs but above all, be confident and be you.

The best market to find a job is definatelly in São Paulo, a huge city with lots of oportunities.

Do you speak Portuguese? It would help you a lot to find a job.

Hope this was helpful.

Good luck  !!

HELLO Priscilla!

First of all you need a visa (not tourist) to be able to be hired. I guess you already have it, right?

It's always helpful to have a picture on your CV.

BUT ,Finding a way into the job market will be difficult, as the majority of Brazilian companies follow the 'principle of proportionality' (where 2/3 of all jobs must be granted to Brazilian citizens). There are jobs in these sectors available to foreign candidates who can demonstrate a proficiency in Portuguese and a finely-tuned skill set.
Due to the competitive job market, the easiest way for foreign applicants to find a job in Brazil is through teaching English. The majority of demand for teachers is found in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
Hope this was helpful.

Good luck  !!

all that is all very good, but it only Works if there any real Jobs in the country

I think it depends on the job. I taught a bit of English. I just sent my cv to various schools and waited for a response. If you can speak portugués, i think it will help ... bit it is not always needed. I just worked on a tourist visa

I am retired so there is no job hunting experiences for me. I have heard it is very difficult for an expat to find a good paying job.

Jim

I have had some good paid jobs here in Brazil. No problems!