Rentals in Orange Walk

We live in a small rural community in Canada and I'm guessing there area  lot of similarities in Belize, as its population is only about double what our province is.

Internet service is adequate but not fabulous, rentals are a little challenging to find, but I expect if you know people, you can find one.

I'd like to reach out to anyone who may know of a modest apartment or rental in the Orange Walk area. I think I would prefer town, at least until I get to know the country better.

I have learned how important it is to understand the culture of a place before setting down more permanent roots.

Thanks for any help or insight you may be able to share.

Sue

sulynsi wrote:

We live in a small rural community in Canada and I'm guessing there area  lot of similarities in Belize, as its population is only about double what our province is.

Internet service is adequate but not fabulous, rentals are a little challenging to find, but I expect if you know people, you can find one.

I'd like to reach out to anyone who may know of a modest apartment or rental in the Orange Walk area. I think I would prefer town, at least until I get to know the country better.

I have learned how important it is to understand the culture of a place before setting down more permanent roots.

Thanks for any help or insight you may be able to share.

Sue

In October 2015 as part of a personal tour of Northern Belize I visited the town of Orange Walk for 5 days. I found the people warm, friendly, and helpful. The river that runs through the area is beautiful. I wanted closer to the Caribbean, so last year bought a place in Placencia. 

I found the 2 hotels I stayed in on www.Booking.com.

If I were in your position, I would use AirBNB.com, and www.VRBO.com to find a place for a couple of weeks, then while there ask around, generally exploring the area. There is no substitute for "Boots on the Ground" in Belize.

And  of course get imaginative with search terms Googling the heck out of the area.

PS: Note there is both a District (similar to a province) of Orange Walk and a town of Orange Walk, located in the district.

Hi Will

Thank you for your suggestions and links.

I've used AirBnB in Toronto but never thought of trying it in Belize.

Sue

Hi Sue,
We stayed in a 2 BR home about 2 blocks off of the Northern Highway in Orange Walk a few weeks ago.
We found it on Trip Advisor. It has A/C in three rooms, Washer/Dryer, is very secure. I don't know if they will rent long term, but it's worth a shot.

Here is their listing: https://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRen … rict.html.
Let Jasmine know that I referred you.
Joel Wakitsch

Hi Joel

The link you attached seems to be 'under review'.

I look forward to checking it out once the link appears.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Best regards

Sue

Sorry, Sue
You can go to trip advisor and do a search for it. There aren't many rentals in Orange Walk at this point.
Or if you want, email me at *** and I'll get you the link.
Joel

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct