Hello Malaysians

Hello Malaysians...

I am a married Malaysian female in Dubai ... baru datang sini 2 bulan yang lalu...and currently I am attached to a travel agency in Garhoud area. I just registered my profile on expat-blog.com today. Susah sangat nak jumpa orang kita di Dubai. I am actually hails from Sabah....my husband is a Pakistani Punjabi...he is currently driving Public Bus for RTA Dubai. That's why I am here... our sons are in Malaysian with my parents. Anyway..hoping to hear from you all soon... Perhaps we shall meet each other very soon..! I can be contacted at [email protected]

Regards,
Jasmina
Rashidiya

Welcome on board Jasmina ;)

Thanks

Hello Welcome to this network. Hope you are going to have a great time in Dubai. We could meet up sometime?

hi malaysian!

hello jasmine

Hi Malaysian out there....baru hari ni sy join blog ni becoz ssh nye sy nak jmpa malaysian's female here...saya baru dtg ke Dubai about 3 weeks here..i got job offer here. I'm married but my family are in Malaysia and i'm not planning to bring them here. I really miss my son and rasa nak balik je...I need a friend here and may be one day we can meet each other...many people said, dubai is very nice and interesting places.

Hello Rebecca, Isky, lamforyou,Yud and Haizanurul....are you all Malaysians living in Dubai? Nice to know you all here on this site. Hve a great time !:D

hi about to decide whether to come with my family of wife and two girls - is there an active Malaysian community over in Dubai?

Hello Jasmina and Fellow Malaysians! I am soooo glad that there are several malaysians here in Dubai. At least >2, unlike some other parts of the world i've been to. Anyway, this is a pleasant suprise to me and wishing all of you all the good things.

:)

Hi everyone there, I'm a Malaysian, currently work for an engineering firm in DUBAI. I stay at Dubai Internet City neighbourhood, really hard to meet Malaysian over here.

I miss Malaysian food, especially during Ramadhan it's not easy for me to have every meal at restaurant. I would like to meet all of you, how about we have a get-together session? Maybe for buka puasa session during weekend?

I shall leave my phone number, I stay here until next year, my number is 0558330328.

Hey there homeisfar, my number: +971556473427. Welcome to the warmer than our average climate country Malaysia - Dubai. It is so hot here, I find it quite difficult to adapt. Anyways, anytime you feel like having iftar.. the beriyani is not the average malaysian dish -- simply superb taste and generous quantity!

I hangout with some americans in Deira. They are USMC contractors in Afghanistan. So I dont know any Malaysian nearby except for in Muscat and Doha.

Nurul, kalau x posa sebab i musafir boleh ke? lol.. just kidding. :)

Hi,

It is nice to know all Malaysian here in UAE , I am also new here from KL and I am currently working in a Bank as a SO (CCPL, RBG). Wish to know more malaysian friends here so keep in touch and I hope to get a positive feedback from all of you.

Guys please do contact each other so we all can keep in touch like one strong community as others, come on lets do it.

All my malaysian friends can email me at [email protected] or simply use yr phone to text at 055-6035185. 

Malaysia Boleh ! Stand like 1malaysia family ... ;)

Rgds
Siddiqui
+971-55-6035185

I rasa, baik you all hold a gathering la.. maybe over the weekend ke. So its an opportunity to know each other closer and expand your network. Setakat kat forum "hi, bye, good luck" je, baik tak payah network.

"Apa guna menuai padi
tiba masa bertumbuh lalang
Apa guna menabur budi
jika bakti tiada dikenang"

Nurul, you jadi moderator lah. Dah kenai/jumpa ramai org kat sini dah nih.. I mmg toksey la sebab u tau my nature of presence mcmaner.

Hello fuaadlazaki!

Could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum, so that other members may understand and participate?

Thank you,
Harmonie.

Yes Maam!

Hi all members, please copy the whole text and paste into the language translator available in Google tools below:

http://translate.google.com/

You gotta love the Forum Officers. :)

Hello to everyone!!! My name is Elena and I'm a new member. My husband is Malaysian and he got job offer in Dubai. I need your help and advises about living in Dubai such as renting of apartment, schooling for kids, driving licence and buy or rent a car. Could you please write all your good and bad experience of living there. Thank you very much, i'll appreciate it.

jlkl wrote:

Hello to everyone!!! My name is Elena and I'm a new member. My husband is Malaysian and he got job offer in Dubai. I need your help and advises about living in Dubai such as renting of apartment, schooling for kids, driving licence and buy or rent a car. Could you please write all your good and bad experience of living there. Thank you very much, i'll appreciate it.

Hello Elena, welcome to the expat-blog.com, I'll just do this favor on behalf of the mods. You can obtain many useful general information on Dubai in this Forum. I've summarize for you to take a peek on the following links:

Information on Renting a house or apartment in Dubai:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=100330

Information on Monthly Expenses in Dubai:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=95180

Information on Relocation and Schooling for your children:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=93594https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=72541

Tips from expats in Dubai:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=92596

You will need a UAE driving license here in Dubai as it's left hand drive here instead of right-hand drive in Malaysia. Although, holding the Malaysian Driving License does have its own privileges if you get stopped by Police Officers (or being Malaysian for that matter, lol). And don't speed off or run from them for god sakes.. they drive really fast European cars (BMW 5 Series 2011) unlike our Proton Waja/Evo Police cars back home.
I strongly suggest that your hubby get the International driving license from JPJ prior to your departure here. It only costs RM100. You will need 1 year validity for your Class D driving license and a passport size photo.

Recommend to buy a used car for starters (cash, no installments).
You can get decent car at a cheap price here as compared to KL/Malaysia. Browse thru www.dubizzle.com for any cars:
http://uae.dubizzle.com/classified/autos4x4s/

I never came across a bad experience in Dubai, neither did I encounter good ones. I can't say because its just an experience to me. In my honest opinion, all countries are the same. BUt hey, at least over here its tax free! I would warn you and your family to be prepared for the hot temperature here. Bring extra medicines from your local pharmacies. You can easily dehydrate here if you are exposed to outside sun hot temperature and air humidity. it can go as high as 48C at daytime and 39C at night time. Daytime is longer compared to Malaysia, sunrise starts at approx. 5.30AM and sunset at 7AM.

Hi Fuaadlazaki,

The tips you gave are useful. I am currently doing a lot of research on living in Dubai. If God permits, mu husband will be working in Dubai sometime in January or February next year and that means all of us (me and my lovely three daughters) will be joining him. I won't be working for a while until everything's settled. Is it difficult to get a job there?

Are you enjoying your stay in Dubai? Am quite nervous to make this huge transformation. Anak dah berderet lagi nak migrate.

Hi.. Thank you very much for your suggestions..I'll try to get as much info as i can.

Dear all, my pleasure to be of assistance. You might also want to research on accommodation in Sharjah (as the rent price is lower) instead of Dubai. Sharjah is just 10/15 minutes drive away from Dubai.

Since the 2007 crisis, the job market has progressed/picked up a little although bear in mind that there are over 2 million population in Dubai alone. You should bear in mind that many Malaysian companies that specializes in construction/interior design and architecture firms were left bankrupt during that financial crisis. This has left a dent in Malaysian foreigners to come to UAE for job hunting (as it is safe to say you are much better to work with Malaysian employers compared to foreigners because you hold the upper hand/advantage). However, in recent years.. the progression towards uplifting the economy has been quite successful and contributes towards slightly a better opportunity for all.

Job market for individuals here are extremely difficult as you are competing with some of the best people at global level. It is a formidable advesary if you are in competition with nationals from India, Pakistan or Philippines (you simply cannot counter for they offer cheaper rate and in volumes of availability). But dont let this be a show stopper for you.. Confidence and stature is key. Perhaps you might want to consider to explore on other areas for example: setting up a business in Dubai.. A restaurant maybe? There is no Malaysian restaurant in Dubai that offers a true Malaysian dish with affordable price. Let me know your thoughts on this as I used to be an asst cook in Pan Pacific KL when I was young. lol.

Dubai is nice. For me, Dubai is just like any other country I have been to. Hong Kong, Australia, US, England, Singapore, Indonesia.. they are all the same.. sure there's a few pros' and cons.. but I dont judge on overall expect as each of them are unique on its own virtue.

Iqra':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates

Hallo Malaysians! It's so relieving to know that they are actual Malaysians in Dubai. :) For my last two trips, I've never met one so I'm glad I found this forum!

I've just accepted an offer and if everything goes well, I will be moving to Dubai in the next few months. Having major cold feet now.. The thoughts of staying on my own for the first time in an unfamiliar territory really give me the chill.

There are a lot of things I need to consider, like the expenses, where to stay, transportation etc. I will be based in Emirates Aviation College and I would prefer to have my own flat. I've done my research but I find it quite difficult to visualise how the life is going to be like.

I am still weighing the pros and cons, and right now I am kind of lost in between. Especially when the current employer that I am with is also a well established company in Malaysia, but this is something I have been wanting for. It's just that now, after 10 years and a lot of commitments, it is scary.

Been there twice for the interviews and from the short encounters i do like it there but it can be deceiving sometimes, so please if you have any tips, do share.

A lost soul,
Zee.

Dear Zee,

It really depends on how much youre getting paid here in Dubai. if its somewhere between these levels of which I've summarized:

Level 1:5-10K DHS,
Chances are you're slightly above the threshold of urban poor, but you can survive.
Accomodation type: Bed share of about 4-6 people in a crowded room. Single [email protected] - 3KDHS. Super lousy amenities, super lousy people you will be mixed with.

Level 2:10K-15K DHS,
You live an expat means of entry level poor, an exhaustion at the end of the month is likely. Better than average, you will probably stay in somewhere like International City or Apartments in Karama.

Level 3:15K - 20K DHS,
You live with a throttled breathe as an expat, Potential stay near Bur Dubai. Better life and healthier environment.

Level 4:20K - 30K,
You live by definition of aficionado expat wannabe 
Palm Jumeriah or Dubai Marina is best choice. Mix with upper class citizens and caucasians.

Level 5:>45K DHS,
You've made it. You might be staying in a villa or a bungalow preferably company sponsored.

I do love Palm Jumeira..LOL! And been to the Jumeira Souq and and barely afford anything there except perhaps the measly keychains.

Heard of Bur Dubai, I think I've seen it somewhere..I'm thinking of Al-Qurais? Whichever closer to Garhoud cos I dont know how fast I can buy myself a car. I dont want anything too lavish, cos the whole idea about working abroad is to be able to save but I dont think I want to be in the super lousy community u mentioned too.

My salary is somewhere in level 3, but I am a single mother who has every intention perhaps in 1 year or so to bring both my young kids to Dubai. Would that push me to entry level poor now? :)

Gosh so many things to ask. O wise man, fuaadlazaki..would you be able to share your email add for more questions from me?

Thanks.

Cold feet syndrome

Dear Zee,

Everyone loves Palm Jumeira. Souqs are great.. not to mention that there are many of them in Dubai.. I personally think the quality and price in KL is far much cheaper and better. Do you know or Can you imagine.. a pashmina shawl is priced at DHS60 - 100 here in Dubai while u can get the exact type of wool/silk and thickness in Central Market for RM15 only? It's a rip off isnt it? Do some research.

Al Qusais is near Dubai Airport and many cabin crew stay there. Apartments are usually sponsored. lavish one too i might add.
The only thing that I personally think dampens my overall experience here is the food. Simply that. I will reveal that info in a more private nature - by email.

My dear, the whole community is nothing compared to KL. That is my honest direct opinion. If you intend to expand your horizon and get that much sought after international and global experience then by all means.. come and experience it. Not new york style but u get the hang of it (hopefully not too long).

It wont. But you gotta spend less on shopping for Marc Jacobs or LV that sort of stuff ;)
Schooling is a little difficult if your children are >8 and competitive to enter.

here's my email address: [email protected]

Im back in KL temporarily.. might go to afghanistan in a few weeks or months time.

I was advised not to take the sponsored accommodation cos I can get cheaper ones off the campus.

I think I will do quite alright with the shopping bit..but who knows, being alone in the city could turn me into an impulsive shopper!

Will email u now!

Thanks so much!!

Hi everyone .... just arrived last week from Kay El.  Any events/activities which we can all meet up?

Cheers
Chiang

Are singaporean welcome to your activities ?

We are all neighbors and frens .... why not (my personal view-lah).

Cheers
Chiang

Thank you. Mr chiang. You are so kind.

Hi, I have stayed long time in Dubai, but new to this forum. hope to know some Malaysian or Singaporean friends here.....

To all Malaysian Chinese and Singaporean Chinese friends,
送給您
最溫馨的祝福
冬至快樂甜蜜
身體平安健康
闔家幸福樂融融

Happy Winter !!

dannysuz wrote:

送給您
最溫馨的祝福
冬至快樂甜蜜
身體平安健康
闔家幸福樂融融

Maybe you could translate it in english so that everybody can understand. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi everyone,
I am malaysian too!! nice to meet u guys here :D
I can't wait for going back on chinese new year :lol:

Hi

I am Malaysian living in the Green area and look forward to hang out with fellow Malaysian.

Are you meeting up? Am malaysian too

Anytime give me a call

I am glad that I found this site as I have been living in UAE for the past 5yrs, base in quite Ajman....never come across to this site until today..I am from Kuala Lumpur, got a job in Ajman company dealing with ME duty free. Cant find any Malaysian in Ajman....so if any of Malaysian in Dubai get together please do not forget me in Ajman ya.....

Cheers to all
M

which part of green bro?

Hi Malaysians out there,

I just arrived this week (16/2/2013)and am looking for Malaysian friends to help me out with the city. If anyone can hear me, please call me a my mobile ****. I am still living in a hotel. Please give me a call.

I'm an engineer with an oil company here.

Regards
Bryan