registering with the police

Hello, I just moved to Vietnam and live in an apartment that my Vietnamese girlfriend rents. I understand that usually the hotels will register our address for us when staying there but I was just told that hotels are the only place that can register my address and that I'm not allowed to live in her apartment. This seems very bizarre as many expats here are obviously renting places. I am nowhere near an English speaking person and have little to no handle on the language yet so I turn here for advice. To sum it up - Are there restrictions on where I can live and register with the police? Thank you in advance for any help

Your gf needs to go to the local ward police and register you. She will need your passport to put you in the house book.

New topic