Building in Philippines

Hi Guys,

I am planning to resign soon from my work here in Japan and live in the Philippines for good. 

My husband and I are planning on investing by building tiny houses for rent. 

We are looking for a builder company who won't cheat and overprice. 

Are there still trusted builders like that in the Philippines?

How much is the budget of tiny house 🏡?

I hope to get answers from you guys.

Hi Sammipporo. I am a licensed general contractor. I am not familiar with tiny house except thru cable TV though. I would be willing to learn more about this though.

As a general tip for those looking to build houses in the Philippines:

If you are looking for a contractor who will not cheat and overprice, you can always ask them if they are licensed by Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) like us (sorry for the shameless plug). A lot of times, expats got taken for a ride because they opted for "cheaper" unlicensed contractors in this country. Legally, if you hire an unlicensed contractor, you end up with years of legal battle for simple virtue of hiring someone who is not even qualified to build your house. That is why unlicensed contractors are so confident that they can get away with anything.

Stay away from recommendations unless you know the person is a business minded one. Filipino culture recommends based on relationship and not capability.

Cheers,

Engr. Mark

on the island i live, there are no licensed contractors.. but if your there every day.. use the bigger steel bars, make sure the sand/gravel/cement mixture is correct..and watch what they do very closely, you should not have a problem. i built a 3 bedroom 2 bath home all cement and steel for just over 500k. my land was 350k.. all in, i think i spent about 900- 950k. the workers here are 400- 450p a day for a skilled worker (mason, carpenter, electrician, plumber) and 250-300p a day for a helper. took about 3 months to complete

Hi Engr. Mark,

Thank you for your response.

Ic.  Honestly, we both are in Japan so we have no choice but to trust my mom's recommendation.

I live on Cebu Island in Moalboal.  The tiny house that we are going to build is 4x8.  This tiny house is with a loft bed.  And I was told that it will be finished in 3 months.  Isnt it too long? mmm It seems that my instinct is telling that it's too much too. I feel sad and confused.

http://www.idesignarch.com/custom-mobil … two-lofts/

Hi Tommie,

Thanks for your reply.  500K for a bungalow? we are building a tiny house thats 4x8 and it has a loft bed and it's 500K... I wish I know even a little about constructing.

SAM