Close

Transportation in Hanoi for the Big and Tall

Hello!

I'm new to this site. I have received a teaching job offer for a school in Hanoi, and I will be moving there shortly. I'm generally very excited to experience a new life in Vietnam, as I've lived and taught abroad before and feel like I "know the ropes." The only real concern I have about living in Hanoi is the transportation. I lived in Istanbul, and, because it is such a massive city, I never had a problem getting anywhere on public transportation because the infrastructure was so extensive. I know that Hanoi's infrastructure is less so. My primary concern about riding a motorbike in Hanoi is that I'm a rather large guy and I'm hoping I can find a bike that is practical for me. I'm 6'4" (193 cm) and 290 lbs. (132 kg.). I've scoured the net, but have come up short (so to speak) on any information particular to my situation.

If anyone has any transportation advice for a big and tall guy, or any transportation advice generally for an expat new to Hanoi, I would very much appreciate it!  Thanks!

Expatriate health insurance in Hanoi

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hanoi

Moving to Hanoi

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hanoi

Travel insurance in Hanoi

Enjoy stress-free travel to Hanoi