Finding employment in Penang, Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi there :)

I am trying very hard to find employment in Penang so that I can stay here with my partner and her children who I love very much and really do not want to be separated from. Employment here seem to be a lot harder to obtain compared to other countries due to Malaysian rules for obtaining work visas.
If anyone could give me some guidance, suggestions or information on finding work here it really really would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Rob

What type of degree do you have and which field(s) are you looking to work in?

Thank you for your reply Gravitas

I received a joint honers in international relations and history but I am very adaptive and motivated so I would be happy working in almost any field.

The main online vacancy resource is Jobstreet and if your Japanese is good enough, that is probably the best avenue to pursue to find work, perhaps in a Service Centre. Recruiter Robert Walters sometimes has suitable vacancies.

I don't know how up-to-date this information is, but it could be useful http://www.penang-traveltips.com/recrui … encies.htm

Fantastic, I hadn't tried Robert Walters before and it seems like a great resource. I had tried some recruitment agencies and was told they are only looking to sign up locals only but there are ones on the website you sent me that I have not tried yet so I will do that right away and fingers crossed it will go somewhere, thank you :)