Good Areas to Live In

What are the good (safe ) areas to live in Jburg . I know SA can be dangerous ..... but there are relatively good areas too.

I need to budget for my move as I will be working in Sandton near Sandton city. What areas are commutable by the new Gautrain and are at least within 40mins of work. I would like to save to buy but do not want to compromise too much on my living standards. If you are not too familiar with a country you never know the good places.

Thinking two bed , pool , gym ..... and in a gated area until i get used to living in SA. All i need are the surburb names then I can research costs etc.

Hi Stee,

Welcome to SA! My husband and I have also recently moved to Johannesburg, I'm originally from SA but living abroad for a couple of years we had the same fears when we moved here.

The best areas would be Sandton (but might be a bit expensive) Bedfordview (we currently live here) very nice are and very safe, Fourways (also a nice are to stay) and Parkhurs and parkview are also safe areas.

Good luck and enjoy SA!

Hi, sice you will be working in Sandton you could try Sunninhill, Morningside, Gallo Manner but i prefer Sunninghill. I lived there 3 years ago, it's safe, peaceful and quiet. Good luck:)