Buying resort property in Honduras

Steinfam wrote:

Also does anyone know of the progress happening with the new Banana Coast Cruise Port being constructed in Trujillo. Chris how do you expect this to affect your development?
Cheers Sharron

Not sure how far along the port is in Trujillo but there was an issue with the environmental study/permit a while back.

I'm not worried about the Trujillo dock. Foreigners will like Trujillo, La Ceiba, Roatan.... for what each has to offer. Tourism will shoot over that direction though.

Chris….I'm heading to Roatan on January 9 and will also visit Le Ceiba. I have two lots on the Trujillo Eco patch and would like to discuss other opportunities and/or simply building on my lots? The Trujillo agents will take me on a tour of the resort while there, so if anyone on the forum would like a photo of their lot please PM me your lot number.  I also know a number of fellow Trujillo investors that keep in touch and one has already nearly completed two homes. I can send  a couple of photo's to those that would be interested in having a look.

Hi thank you I would appreciate any information pictures on Trujillo lots progress etc any info on the cruise port ......

tamadrum wrote:

Chris….I'm heading to Roatan on January 9 and will also visit Le Ceiba. I have two lots on the Trujillo Eco patch and would like to discuss other opportunities and/or simply building on my lots? The Trujillo agents will take me on a tour of the resort while there, so if anyone on the forum would like a photo of their lot please PM me your lot number.  I also know a number of fellow Trujillo investors that keep in touch and one has already nearly completed two homes. I can send  a couple of photo's to those that would be interested in having a look.

Just email me towards the end of December and we can arrange to meet up.

Thanks,  Chris

hi everybody,,,, chris and ed thanks for the good info,,, for sure roatan is the nicest place in the world and id love to live there but your need to have alot of money to  be beach side,,, i bought in trujillo eco development number 130, like i said before that i was there so if anyone wants pictures send me a text to 514-891-0097 ill mms you, chris if you can call me collect i have some question ,, i am ready to build but dont feel like paying 70 a square foot when i can do it myself but not allowed,,, did u guys know that there cynder cement blocks are 3 times lighter than ours over here in canada and there 3 dollars,,, not sayn nothing bad about its there way,,in trujillo theres that christopher columbus hotel that i seen and theres a old airport runway 10 minutes from our resort( trujillo eco) anyways my father inlaw works at air canada and he said they have plans on opening that up in futur, the highway is aparently getting done from la cieba soon so it wont take three hours to see and visit our site,

im going there again in febuary for buisness
id like to say 1 thing........... i kinda dont see a point in building my house yet if the resort hotel is not even started yet, unless it is or its going to be soon.

Hello all,

Just put a deposit on 2 lots in Trujillo Eco Development also.
Did everyone go through the in-house lawyer and is he "legit"
Has anyone gone outside, maybe for "piece of mind" or better rates on fees for the purchase and incorporation?

Thanks

i went through there lawers,, i think i paid 750 ,, but this was like  more than a year ago, i have my deed and all info of my land,, i didnt realy understand that incorperation thing they offered us but i dont think i took that,, theres no other new resort there so there was no rush for me to build and our hotel is not up either,, the beach is nice but the trujillo bay is much nicer where the port is going,,,

I use attorney Jorge Lopez out of La Ceiba. He speaks 100% english and can assist you in making sure your all you docs are on the up and up.

hi everyone

I'm currently looking at buying some property at this resort as well.  I would prefer to have private property along the beach, but that will be hard to find.  So I'm going to go through this resort to start off.  Has anyone experienced any negative problems buying property on honduras?  I'm really new at this, I own in vancouver bc, but no where out of country.  I'm super excited, but my friends tell me im crazy and that it could be a scam. 

So any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :)

Nevada

nevada,,,,, its so funny my freinds said the same too your nuts with the unstabe laws and the risks,,,, i bought in the trujillo development 1 1/2 years ago , i also when there and if i didnt have a buisness down here i would of stayed there,,,,, its soooo beautiful over there and i was looking in carribian for a villa and its 10% property tax everywhere ...thats way too much,,, so trujillo it is.

The best thing is to come on down to Honduras and check it out for yourself. I hav eclients that have purchased both in La Ceiba and Trujillo.

Hi Nevada,

I have purchased a couple of properties too. I think the properties are there and the title that is received is legitimate. The risk whether or not the development is completed and the properties retain/appreciate in their values. I have found the company good to deal with thus far and responsive when I ask questions. I am concerned that the planned resort complex is delayed - looking back at posts from the company in early 2010 it was promised to be well under way by now. The rest of the infastructure seems to be moving along. We will be travelling to the site this winter to see for ourselves.

Good luck - if it all works out to me the upside balances out the risk!

we bought about 2 years ago in trujillo as all you guys are reading from my posts,,,

not to diss recap but they told us only 4 people bought from quebec and the rest are from europe,,, now im finding out thats not true.

next was ,, they move the hotel on us witch was going to be on the beach is now about 500 feet back.

they changed the housing/villa concepts i think  twice, next,

the hotel concept went from insane to a container style loft module and i was told that 1/2 of them are going to be for rent and 1/2 are going to be for sale witch doesnt matter ,,,,,

anyways thats our experience ,,, ive been there , saw our site, i trust all whats going on but i will not build untill our hotel starts getting on there way

There's been some "issues" I've read online regarding selling and/or building along the beach there. This may be why they moved the hotel. Bigger isn't always better.....

Anyone considering Recaps other property in Honduras or the new one in Costa Rica?  My wife and I picked up a lot in Trujillo two years ago and now we're seriously thinking about Playa Lagarto in Costa Rica as well.  Anyone else spending way too much time on GoogleEarth?

We have really nice lots still available in our 16 lot private development. Las Brisas in El Porvenir  The nice thing about our location is that we are right on the San Juan river with all lots having ocean view and we are only 10 minutes from the international airport and the big city of La Ceiba where there is shopping and dining otber amenities.

I checked out Trujillo and the other areas first but they are a two hour drive after you fly into the country, some of it on a dirt road and there is no major town nearby to get anything you want or to go for a nice dinner or shopping or the movies

I agree that Trujillo is just too far out of the way. This is why I had chose La Ceiba many years ago. You don't have to wait for movies, malls, shopping and nightlife to be built. It's already here....
Infrastructure is good here too.

hei,guys thanks a lot... we found a lot of info here.we are about to sign a contract for a lot in trujillo beach eco dev...should ?shouln't?we would really appreciate some pics from you guys that went there.thanks

My wife and I are considering the purchase of a lot in the Recap Eco Development as well.  Does anyone have any latest and greatest updates with their experience with Recap on this development?  We are about 10 years from retirement so we are in no rush to build, but would like to build as soon as some amenities are ready.  Would like to hear from anyone that has visited the site lately.  Regards, Shawn

See my posts under "Tamadrum" in the forum Trujillo resort

I'm about to make a deal with Aliki at recap for two sites at Turjillo eco any advice and incite would be appreciated,Thanks,Dave.

Hi Dave…..which lot numbers?
Bob

dogdave wrote:

I'm about to make a deal with Aliki at recap for two sites at Turjillo eco any advice and incite would be appreciated,Thanks,Dave.

Dave, I sent you an email earlier. Thanks

im going back in two weeks let you guys know

There is a Facebook group for the TBER residents you should join. It has lots of info and photos.

facebook.com/groups/115643255360

sorry guys i dont trust facebook ,,,

Hey guys, I just got back from honduras a week ago.

I live in vancouver BC, and work in northern Alberta, the long winters get to me.  I have been doing research for a couple of months about buying out of the country. I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but when I went down there it felt safe and right.

I was initially drawn to honduras with the Trujillo eco resort, because I liked the price of the lots. I went down March 1 2012 for a holiday before I started school.  I got a day tour of Trujillo eco resort, needless to say it wasn't what I was looking for; there were no actual beachfront lots.  It wasn't the kind of place I wanted to build a vacation home.
I ended up buying a lot in la ceiba beach club.  My parents came down with me and they (to my surprise) fully supported my decision to buy.  I got a very affordable beachfront lot on the caribbean sea!! So excited!!  If anyone has any questions or wants photos send me a private message.  I have photos of both locations.

I can't wait to go down there again!  It's so beautiful and there's so much to explore!!!

It was nice meeting with you finally and your parents. You now have a gorgeous direct beachfront lot !!

Cheers

Chris Barrett

Nevada you may want to put up some photos under the photo section of Honduras too

Sounds like great news for you...congratulation....I'm moving to Honduras myself in June, I'm looking at the La Ceiba area....can you send me some pictures of the area in which you purchase the lot, and what is the selling price there?....Trijullo was very cheap....

My wife and I are going to the eco beach development in Trujillo on the 16th of April and return a week later, we are staying on Roatan for the week at an all inclusive and taking the ferry across on Thursday morning where we will be picked up by Jose from recap investments and given the tour down to the development.We will be taking some pictures of the progress and asking as many questions as possible to be sure everything is good.Anyone looking for pics when we get back let me know;
Thanks,Dave.

Dave,
Give me a call or email once your here. I can show you around for a few hours in the La Ceiba area where there's some great direct beachfront and beach"view" opportunities.

Chris Barrett

Friends of mine are doing the construction work. Have a look.

Best of Life!

Edward

facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150906768413625.527387.513798624&type=1

hi,

Purchased a 1/2 acre beachfront lot in the Recap Eco Development resort, approx. 2 yrs ago, have not been to the property yet, we are in the new phase, someone had mentioned taking a ferry from Roatan to the mainland, would be interested if that is available, we are planning to go this xmas to roatan and then spend a day or so in Trujillo looking at the resort, our property, etc.  Trying to determine when and if we are going to build. 

GOod info on the blog, we live in alberta near Calgary.

You can take the ferry or a short shuttle flight from Roatan to La Ceiba. Then, Jose from Trujillo Eco can pick you ip and drive you their (about 2.5 hours or so).

Cheers

Chris Barrett

I guess they did not like my last letter,It seems to have disappeared.Dave.

FYI….there is a new Eco development resort being released in Le Ceiba. 10 minutes from Airport. I have pre-release info for anyone interested. It is a gated community with golf course etc. PM me if interested.
Bob

dogdave wrote:

I guess they did not like my last letter,It seems to have disappeared.Dave.

Dave, Did you post something here and it did not go through ? If so, just redo

It went through because i visited it a couple of times about the sand dunes and canal and now it's just not there,someone did not like the negatives about turjillo i guess.

Closed