Galicia on my mind, move, live

57 UK expat 27yrs in USA , had enough, before you know it 5 yrs away from early retirement.
My parents spend half there retirement life in Almeria area. the more i search and read the more i am drawn to the Galicia region
I'm advised by my family to keep UK residence status ? which I'm in process of re establishing now, even though i plan to stay in the US for the next few years, with plans to re visit Spain at least 1 to 2 times per year until can put my major plan into effect.
I have not been in Spain since 1978 !!!
I no longer like hot weather + 32C, I am not worry about rain or snow, having lived and worked a few years in Montana & North Dakota. I love mountains beaches, food,red wine, culture, and my passion for Hillclimb Races keeps bringing Galicia / Asturias regions to the for front,  web searching for low price interesting properties Galicia is more appealing, Cheaper ! I want to run a small business from home work to my routine not work to just survive.
My biggest concern is learning Spanish / Galician as of now almost non existent

I would like to make contact / network  with like minded people, experiences and advice to avoid major mistakes.

Sean

Hi,
At the moment you can live in Spain for 5 years then hold permanent residency. That does not mean you are Spanish just have rights to live. What the future holds we have no idea. EU website
But it sounds as if you will not have enough time to obtain that.
If you move to Spain the authorities now look more closely at things like health cover. You can move to Spain if you are not a burden on the national system. Whilst you may obtain your UK passport that will not give you grounds to obtain health care via the UK National health. You should first check with Newcastle about what if any health cover you can get. If none is available you will have to purchase insurance (for the family that live with you).
Temp health cover from the UK
Living in Spain with UK health care.
A comprehensive overview on starting and running a business in Spain.

On to more please things Hill climbs, Spanish call them Subidas.
A video of may favourite drive. Not only is he good he has a great personality. He si a champion but he is not the slightest arrogant. Video.
This video is a friend of our, from Asturias. Video
There are rallies and classic car scenes too.
Hope that helps.