I need an English speaking lawyer in Nha Trang

Hello folks.  My name is Mark and I come from USA.  I am seriously considering purchasing a condo here in Nha Trang and the whole process seems a little overwhelming.  They actually pay for real estate in cash here.  I am very comfortable with my real estate agent but they are also the seller of the condo that I want to buy.  So I would like to get someone completely unrelated to the transaction that can make sure that everything is being done properly.  So I would like to hire an English speaking lawyer.  Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Nha Trang that speaks English?

run

Thaiger wrote:

run

That probably needs expanding on but I'm guessing you're suggesting there are a million opportunities for the OP to lose his cash and come out with nothing.

Good morning Mark,   It's a nice day here in Nha Trang ....keep it that way.
As thaiger said....Run .   Buying an apartment here is a mistake for many reasons .   There are numerous threads here covering the reasons why.

As for " the Lawyer" , that is also an agent for selling the place , I'd start running faster if it's who I think it is.

Just take a lease on a place, and keep your ear to the ground. It won't take long till you hear about the problems people are having here.

Rent, don't buy......that goes for everything . 😉

The agent's name is  ***.  Is that who you were thinking of?

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please share this info through the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Be careful using names here.
I'll PM you.

I would not recommend it, although personally I think it is an excellent investment for the Vietnamese. The fact that you are trying to find a lawyer that speaks English on an internet forum should be enough to convince you it is a bad idea. Imagine if you had a serious problem...

My suggestion like others here is to rent a place if you want to stay long term.

That said there is an element of favourable risk / reward if you have the dollars to risk, you just need to factor in the worst case scenario.

Yogi, what are some of the troubles you've heard of ?

Cheers

PM panda