Do you know the difference between a Mandoline and a Mandolin?

I didn't until this afternoon when I read a thread in a different cooking forum.

If you'd have asked me I'd have said an olde world stringed instrument, which would have been partly correct (Mandolin) - but what I didn't know was that there is a French cooking instrument called a Mandoline!! (with the added 'e').

Now, having established that there is a chef's device called a Mandoline - if you'd have asked me to describe what it looks like I would have been equally in the dark.

However, when I saw a picture of a Mandoline I was, like, "I know what that is!!! (but never knew it was called a Mandoline!!!)"

So - do you know what a Mandoline is and looks like? :D

There's also a fruit and a biscuit with a similar name. :)

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in England

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in England

Moving to England

Find tips from professionals about moving to England

Travel insurance in England

Enjoy stress-free travel to England